New clutch from 08 recall

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 08:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New clutch from 08 recall

I just got my new clutch for my 2008 CBR 1000RR and it feels completely different than any thing I've used before. It feels like I could pretty much pop the clutch from a complete stop and it feels like if I eased out the clutch realy slow and smoothly with my last clutch. I just took it home from the dealership and to work today so I haven't had a chance to realy get a feel for it yet. Has any one else who got the new clutch have the same feel with the new 1?

Old 05-12-2009, 03:11 PM
Default newwww

i had the new clutch recall and it was a way different feeling to me...the inner springs on the old clutch were crap from what i heard

Old 05-12-2009, 03:19 PM

Mine feels a lot less responsive, it feels like a good half second or so until it fully catches after the clutch is completely out. Also there's a lot less room between when the clutch is fully engaged and when it is fully disengaged, there's maybe a third of what it used be it seems like.

Old 05-12-2009, 03:39 PM
Default same

same here bud....

Old 05-20-2009, 10:30 PM

I have a new issue which is actualy a problem now with my new clutch. I finaly got on the throttle some since I got it, all 4 times when i was in 3rd gear and got it up to around 75 or so the clutch partialy disengaged and I imediatly let off the gas and it fully reingaged. This sounds like an actual problem that I should get looked at I'm assuming, I was just wondering if other people with the new clutch had the same experience.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:58 PM

I have a kind of general question. Is a slipper clutch supposed to just work with engine breaking? Whenever I am in 2nd and 3rd gear (only gears I tried) the RPMs will go from about 6k to 10k and then sit there until the back wheel catches up and feels like i'm just pulling the clutch in a little bit.

Old 05-21-2009, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by tireur
I have a new issue which is actualy a problem now with my new clutch. I finaly got on the throttle some since I got it, all 4 times when i was in 3rd gear and got it up to around 75 or so the clutch partialy disengaged and I imediatly let off the gas and it fully reingaged. This sounds like an actual problem that I should get looked at I'm assuming, I was just wondering if other people with the new clutch had the same experience.
I had a similar issue when they did mine... it needed to be adjusted. Now its great.. just take it back and tell them what its doing... they should be able to fix it.

Old 05-23-2009, 05:59 AM

just got my brand new (leftover) 2008 1000rr yesterday, and come to find out, my clutch is doing the same thing. Under moderate load around 6 or 7 thousand rpms, the clutch slips and the motor just revs. why does it do that and what did they adjust on yours (rellimdekim) to fix it?

Old 05-23-2009, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Chrisct713
just got my brand new (leftover) 2008 1000rr yesterday, and come to find out, my clutch is doing the same thing. Under moderate load around 6 or 7 thousand rpms, the clutch slips and the motor just revs. why does it do that and what did they adjust on yours (rellimdekim) to fix it?
mine was slipping at 8k, but the tech at my shop had said he just readjusted the cable on both ends, but i really think it was something inside.

Old 05-27-2009, 06:35 PM

I have the same problem.

Quick Reply: New clutch from 08 recall