New to CBR1000RR. Exercisies?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 07:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New to CBR1000RR Exercisies

[quote]ORIGINAL: aaron1085

just get out there and ride man... healthy body and healthy mind and you can do anything!

+1 any stretching exercises, yoga, tai chi.ect..ect..work very well...

Old 01-03-2008, 09:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New to CBR1000RR. Exercisies?

Well, it looks like you've had the bike for about 4 month now. If you are still having problems with aches and pains, here're some suggestions. Most guys who don't know how to ride properly rest all their upper body weight on their hands. This makes it difficult to control the bike smoothly and quickly, and it will generate painon your wrists and palms. Proper riding posture involves supporting your upper body weight with your lower body. This leaves your two hand free enough to smoothly control the bike. With this posture, you are not pressing down on the handles, but you are simply holding it.

Since proper body posture means supporting the upper body weight with the lower body, it can be a little awkward in terms of balance. The only way to balance yourself is by grabbing onto the motorcycle tank between your knees. Once you do this, it's now left to your back muscles to hold your upper body at any particular riding position. When you have the wind blowing on your chest, the force of the wind helps your lower body in supporting the upper body.

When you start riding as described above, you will feel pain in your inner thigh and back muscles. Sure, if you ride long enough properly, you will gain those muscles; but you will suffer until then. In addition, your riding posture will also suffer until then. Tobuild those critical musclesquickly,I have two exercises that worked for me:
[ol][*]Getarubber ball about 14-18 inches in diameter. You can find these at WalMart's toy section. Place it between your knees, and squeeze the rubber ball with your knees as far as you can (without popping the ball, of course). Do this about 60 times for 3 sets every other night. It's painful, but it works to build up endurance of your inner thigh muscles.[*]Back exercise: Lay flat on the floor on your belly. Put both hands behind your head, and feet about shoulder width apart. Now, raise your chest and legs off the floor at the same time. You are basically arching backwards. Do this about 20 times for 3 sets every other day.[/ol]
After about tree months of weekend only riding (100-200 miles a weekend), and the above exercises, I felt a lot more comfortable riding my CBR. Now,I do not feel any pain doing my usual routes to the canyons.