New Bike

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 11:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Bike

Well, I pickd up my 2004 CBR1000rr all black the other night. Had to ride it home in a huge rain storm. It has 700 miles on it now and the guy I bought it from turns out he didn't have it serviced yet. Should I take it in this week and have a serivce and if so what all is involved in that.

Also, once I got it home my buddy wanted to sit on it and went to put the kickstand down only to catch his foot and drop it on its side. He absorbed most of the fall but did scratch the lower fairing a bit and bend my shifter. He got a me a good deal on vortex adjustable rear sets and me being the impulse buyer I ordered frame, bar end, and swingarm sliders, and puig db windscreen and flushmount turn signals. I also sent my passenger pegs away to have LED turn signals installed and powdercoated black. I would have ordered exhuast but i figured I would take care of insurance first.

This bike in amazing, I can't even begin to describe how nice it rides.

Old 06-14-2006, 11:22 AM
Default RE: New Bike

Congrats...and sorry too....can't believe your buddy dropped your new scoot, that just sucks....as for the service, its primarily an oil change and overall check of the bike. I'd recommend you get it in right away...it's already 100 miles over the sched and you really don't want to run into any warranty issues. I'd also recommend using the dealer instead of doing it yourself. All though its merely an oil change and inspection, its a good time to address any potential problems with the bike. Even if you choose to do it yourself, get it down, your oil is bound to be full of metal shavings. Welcome to the board and get some pics posted of your new toy

Old 06-14-2006, 02:06 PM

just change the oil yerself, its simple and thats all the garage is gonna do while taking lots of hard earned cash off you at the same time..

Old 06-19-2006, 12:01 AM

Bike runs great, had it serviced at the dealership just on case. I seem to have a spending problem as I have ordered something new for I everyday I have owned it.

Parts on order include:

Yoshimura RS-5 Carbon Cone exhuast
Puig DB Black Windscreen
Vortex Rearsets
Flushmount trunsignals
Passenger pegs powdercoated black and LED installed for turn signals
Fender eliminator
Xenon bulbs
Frame, swingarm, and bar end sliders
and the most important one INSURANCE will be done this week

I cant seem to stop buying. Anyone else have this problem?