NEW!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 08:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW!!!!

hey everyone i just bought my first 1000rr yesterday its an 05 red and black with only 3200miles on it! and wow what a difference i had a f4i before this and night and day not only between the power but the handling and everything i love it! the electronic steering damper is insane...i will try and get pictures up this week the only thing done to the bike is a jardine pipe...and the only things i plan on doing is hid kit windscreen and flush mounts...is there anything i should know about these bikes? im pumped i cant stop thinking of it...

Old 08-11-2008, 07:53 PM
Default RE: NEW!!!!

Sweet man, I had a F4i too and just got a 06 lol. Loving itttt!! haha

Old 08-11-2008, 07:55 PM

Congrats......love to see the pics!

Old 08-11-2008, 07:55 PM

Congrats, love to see the pics!!!

Old 08-14-2008, 01:55 PM

so me and my buddy were sitting around the other day just talkn and he gave me a possible good idea...i dont know if you guys have ever heard of the spray tint its like spray paint put its tint...my buddy used it on his car taillights and it turned out good..i was wondering if i should try to use it to tint my stock windscreen or just spend the money and buy a tinted one...i am just checking see if any of you have tried this or anything thanks...i will get pics of my bike up this weekend probly saturday...!

Old 08-14-2008, 11:22 PM

you can spray black spray paint on the inside of your windshield and it will be blacked out. From the outside, it will look really good, like the windshield was made that way. from the inside, it will look like spraypaint.

THe only real advantage to buying an aftermarket screen is you will still be able to see through it. Your painted one will not be transparent. Also, a double bubble windscreen will help push the air over and around you better the stock one.

But it is a quick and cheap way to black out the windscreen.

Old 08-15-2008, 07:49 AM

well this stuff i am talking about is transparent its actual spray tint in a can...its not just black spray paint....im just trying to decide what i wanna do not sure yet

Old 08-15-2008, 12:35 PM

your just bought yourself a nice bike, why would you wanna cheap out and ghetto fab it? just spend the 100 bucks and get something that is going to look nice from the inside and out.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:32 PM

The spray tint your talking about is pretty cool. Good for blacking out taillights, etc. But it's kinda the same as spray painting the screen. the sprayed side, looks, well, sprayed. Honestly, I sprayed mine for now. Black paint, not the tint.Temporary until I can buy a tinted one. Just spentall my money on exhaust, flushmounts, license relocator, etc. But if you remove the screen, make a smooth tape line along the ridge up top (on underside, you dont want ANY paint on top side) and tape edges so you dont get any over spray on topside, it does look pretty good. Not bad at all. Will I leave it, nah. but it'll do for now until my other mods I wanna do are done.