New 1000RR...howd i do?

Old 06-03-2007, 05:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 1000RR...howd i do?

Wuts goin on guys. I just bought an 04 1000RR for 8300. It has 3,600miles and is 100% perfect in mint shape. Totally stock, no upgrades or mods, which i like, because i want to do all work myself. The dealer gave me a brand new matching helmet, gloves, and jacket. (its a used bikedealership, not an actual Honda Dealer). I was just wondering what you guys thought of the price. I guess if i looked around i mightve been able to get something newer, but i really wanted the bike and fell in love, and my gut didnt tell me i was gettin ripped off. Any way, i love the bike soo much. great upgrade from my 900RR. Also, i was reading through some old posts and found one that said that the bridgestone battlax is a horrible tire. I have these on my new RR. What is wrong with them and should i change them right away? I have only had the bike two days and havent done any seriously hard riding yet, as i am still getting accustomed to the feel of the bike and all. The few off/on ramps getting on the highway that ive ridden on with it though the bike felt planted on rails like a laser, i didnt feel unsafe or any slippage at all, and i had a pretty damn good lean on it. Let me know. Thanks a lot.

kyle

Old 06-03-2007, 05:25 AM
Default RE: New 1000RR...howd i do?

$8300 for a stock 2004 cbr1000rr is a little too much even if ya got a helmet, jacket & gloves but to each his own ... if you're happy with the bike that should be all that matters

Old 06-03-2007, 05:44 AM

kinda steep.. I paid 7k for my 04 with 4100 miles, dyno tuned, power commander, full stainless micron exaust, stainless steel brake lines, upgraded pads, PIAA headlights, aftermarket windscreen, and it was absolutely MINT

Old 06-03-2007, 11:44 AM

I have my 05 RR1000 Repsol up for sale for $8,500

Old 06-03-2007, 11:44 PM

Yeah, $8,300 is a bit steep it sounds like. I got my 06' about 3 months ago with 2,100 miles on it, stock, with a HJC helmet and cover for $8,000. The guy bought it new in Dec for $11,500 and only rode it a few times and decided it was too much for him. You will always pay more at a dealer though. At least you got a set of gear out of it! Don't beat yourself up over it, just enjoy ridding it and post pictures when you start modding it!

Old 06-04-2007, 12:11 AM

oooo a repsol for 8500!? daaaaamn.... wish i had that cash!

Old 06-04-2007, 01:02 AM

Don't worry about what you paid- that is in the past. Focus on the fact that you have a GREAT bike and you are going to have a lot of fun on it. You made a great purchase and, if you take care of your bike, it will be worth every penny that you paid!

BTW- my 06 1000rr is an upgrade from my 97 900RR- what a difference, huh?!

Don't worry too much about the tires just yet. Use them to get use to the bike. If you start going hard into the leans, make sure they are warmed up. Just be sure to upgrade when you buy your next set of tires. I reccomend the Pilot Powers.

Old 06-04-2007, 01:23 AM

Thanks guys. Yea im gonna try to forget the fact that i paid too much and just be happy that i have a sick bike with relatively low miles on it. The money wasnt too much of an issue for me anyways, for once in my life! I love this bike oh my god. Seriously a great upgrade from my 900. The 900 was a good first bike for me for the past year and a half, and im real happy that i learned how to ride on that and got used to riding before going witht hte 1000RR. This thing is balanced so well. From going two miles an hour in a parking lot to 60mph through a nice sweeping turn, amazing. It is soo light and nimble, the bike fits me perfect. I feel super comfortable on it so far. Great throttle control. The power is sooo smooth and available everywhere. Ill get some pics up soon. First thing im gonna do is a fender eliminator kit. Im gonna do a search on that, but if anyone has any recommendations feel free! Also gonna do the flapper mod, that seems to be worth it huh? And about the tires, the thread i was reading that was trashing the Battlex's said it was Bridgestone battleax 015. Mine says 014. Any difference? am i alright with them. But yea, im gonna let my happiness witht he bike outweigh the fact i couldve probably got a newer RR for what i paid, but oh well its done with now and i love my bike, so thats that. I guess thats what i get for making an impulse buy haha, i was too excited i guess. Taught myself a lesson. Id be a lot more upset if i got a piece of crap, but i didnt so im still happy. And one more time, DAAAAMN what a sweet bike the RR is. I cant imagine how the 06 and 07's are, because from what i hear they are even better than the 04 and 05's, and i seriously cant picture any bike being better. I dont need any better right now, after being on a carbeurated 900RR for the past year and a half, this is like night and day. So at 3,800 miles is my RR ready for synthetic oil? You guys recommend synthetic? I always read mixed opinions. I was planning on using synthetic and putting in a BMC air filter when i do my first oil change. Let me know if anyone has anymore advice or tips/tricks when i do my first minor service. Thanks a lot guys.

kyle
[align=left] [/align]

Old 06-04-2007, 01:30 AM

I agree with every other person here. You love it and the money wasn't a huge problem so just ride and have fun! Anything else now will stir up post purchase dissonance. As for a fender eliminator, I love my gregg's customs license plate bracket. I guess technically it doesn't eliminate all of it, but I have been cited for it here in CA so I keep my plate in the normal area. Goes real well with my Yoshi RS-5. Cheers.

Old 06-04-2007, 02:30 AM

the flapper mod is alright but i suggest ya take it one step further and do the Poor Man Intake mod instead (look it up @ www.1000rr.net)
those BT-014s must be 3 years old so they're living on borrowed time ... get rid of them & put on some fresh rubber

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New 1000RR...howd i do?