Need advise on buying a 1000RR

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008 | 05:43 PM
|
Default RE: Need advise on buying a 1000RR

rojerlockless,
looks doesn't really concern me cause when the 08's came out i didn't like them at all, thought they looked hideous, but they're alright, i like the bike itself, not the plastic components (i.e. fairings).... i was just wandering if the 08's had the oil consumption problem corrected for the 09's.... but as you said you dont have any problems with your oil

Old 09-09-2008 | 08:02 PM

my 08 Fireblade looks kick *** IRL
He's right, his black 08 does look 5i)K. Too bad they only made a few. That being said, I'm not a big fan of the new side exhaust look. Also, no hydraulic clutch or steering dampener, wtf?

Old 09-09-2008 | 08:13 PM

ORIGINAL: wellarmedCr@cker

He's right, his black 08 does look 5i)K. Too bad they only made a few. That being said, I'm not a big fan of the new side exhaust look. Also, no hydraulic clutch or steering dampener, wtf?
they have a steering dampener look closer it's there and works good!

Old 09-10-2008 | 12:56 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

ORIGINAL: wellarmedCr@cker

yes we have a HESD or something Hoda... hell I dont know the letters and what it stands for, lol but so far the dampener works so well you dont even notice it and with the "mass centralzation" that the bike is going for, the dampner is Under the air box touching coming up on the middle front left just by the top of the tank it's hard to see unless you turn the bars to the right.

the best dampner is one you dont notice untill you do IMO electronic ones are the way to go, a normal one will **** you off if you are going slow this one adjusts the second you move any speed any time so when you are rolling in a parkinglot, its off.

See the bump on the left side on the tank by the handle bars? Under that is where the dampener attached to the bars.

The bike also has one of the best slipper clutches I'v ever ridden on. and IMO I'll take a Cable clutch over a hydrolic one ANY DAY. after a bit of riding in town you can break your wrist using a hydrolic clutch all day long they are much harder to push in compared to a cable.

Old 09-10-2008 | 05:15 PM

Why dont you take a look at the new 09 1000rr's before you make your decision.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/

Has pictures of all the 09's and details like they now have optional ABS which is supposed to be fantastic.

Under the News tab.

Old 09-13-2008 | 05:00 AM

ORIGINAL: RojerLockless

The bike also has one of the best slipper clutches I'v ever ridden on. and IMO I'll take a Cable clutch over a hydrolic one ANY DAY. after a bit of riding in town you can break your wrist using a hydrolic clutch all day long they are much harder to push in compared to a cable.
My hydraulic clutch seems smoother than the old cable clutch to me. I guess I need to get on a 08 and try it out!

Old 09-13-2008 | 09:42 AM
Banned

If i were you man and had a choice I would go with the latestI could but money wise i would just get an 07 you wont pay as much and you wont lose as much value off the lot

Old 09-13-2008 | 10:44 AM

I kinda disagree on the looks thing. I bought an 07 just because the 08 just doesnt do it for me. I walk into my garage and love to look at it. I know the 08 performs better, is lighter, smaller, etc. But my 07 performs just fine. Just cause a newer better faster lighter bike comes out, doesn't make the older one any less.

Just my 2 cents. But I think looks are important when deciding on a bike.

Old 09-15-2008 | 08:56 AM

Thats why I bought my 07.......looks did the deed.........the 08 has grown on me since but I still prefer the 07 looks..........

I'm just fashionably slow I guess

Old 09-15-2008 | 09:51 AM

yeah, the 08 has since grown on me, but still like the 07 better

Quick Reply: Need advise on buying a 1000RR