My stator issue...

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 07:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BUMMER / HELP ???

call honda usa and tell them what is going on. they have more than once contacted a dealership directly and told them to straighten up

Old 10-17-2007, 10:40 AM

Get This. Just got off the phone with corprate honda. he said that it should have been covered and they should reemburse me the 31 bucks for diagnastic fee. i told him dealer wanted to jack me for parts and labor. so i called service manager back at the dealership and said what the f*&@%. he is checking into it. i already got aftermarket parts on order and dont want to wait. so when parts come in. im gona change them my self. and when parts get to the dealership 2 weeks from then probably im gona put the old parts back on and let them put the OEM **** on it and keep the aftermarket ones for spare or e-bay them.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:23 PM

ORIGINAL: jwp6114

Get This. Just got off the phone with corprate honda. he said that it should have been covered and they should reemburse me the 31 bucks for diagnastic fee. i told him dealer wanted to jack me for parts and labor. so i called service manager back at the dealership and said what the f*&@%. he is checking into it. i already got aftermarket parts on order and dont want to wait. so when parts come in. im gona change them my self. and when parts get to the dealership 2 weeks from then probably im gona put the old parts back on and let them put the OEM **** on it and keep the aftermarket ones for spare or e-bay them.

Did you tell Honda your bike has aftermarket electrical stuff on it? In this case I can understand why the dealer refused to cover it since Honda’s notice of warranty extension specifically says that bikes with aftermarket electrical accessories are not covered. If that's really Honda's policy thenthey won't step in and tell a dealer to repair a bike with mods on it.Maybe Honda just wants tokeep us guessing, who knows. Regardless, I hope allgoes well with your repair.

Old 10-19-2007, 09:21 AM

the guys in the cervice department are being cool about it. they didn't mention anything about the electrical mods to honda. they knew that the gear indicator and the power commander had nothing to do with the stator failyer. i will be back on the road this weekend.