My bike is possessed - it will not slow down

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 10:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My bike is possessed - it will not slow down

I leave home saying that I'm going to take it easy on the street, I have too many speeding tickets but sometimes once I see space or an open road I just cannot seem to help but gun my 1K, it is such asweet rush, when i park after a ride I feel like "the man" like "the king of the world". I live inMiami so they are no "twisties"just highways.I'm trying to be more mature and slow down but I think my bike is possessed.....smile. Any ideas on getting rid of these demons? I do not have stunting demons but man those speeding demons are going to cost me my license. Even though my speedometer is saying 110+ it just does not seem like I'm going thatfast, I feel in absolute control. Doothers in the forum share this experience?

Old 09-08-2007, 10:48 AM
Default RE: My bike is possessed - it will not slow down

take it to a track or these"demons" are going to kill you

once you redline 5th a few times coming down a straight and then have to scrub off 100 mph of speed to hit turn 1 i think you will find your speed demons will be exorcised

Old 09-08-2007, 01:46 PM

once you loose your license or spend the night in jail for those 110 plus speeding tickets you'll loose these "demons"

Old 09-08-2007, 06:24 PM

Amen Bro..........

Old 09-08-2007, 08:36 PM

ORIGINAL: Wallyburger

I leave home saying that I'm going to take it easy on the street, I have too many speeding tickets but sometimes once I see space or an open road I just cannot seem to help but gun my 1K, it is such asweet rush, when i park after a ride I feel like "the man" like "the king of the world". I live inMiami so they are no "twisties"just highways.I'm trying to be more mature and slow down but I think my bike is possessed.....smile. Any ideas on getting rid of these demons? I do not have stunting demons but man those speeding demons are going to cost me my license. Even though my speedometer is saying 110+ it just does not seem like I'm going thatfast, I feel in absolute control. Doothers in the forum share this experience?
Same here, but 120, 130 + and some top end,at least when i do this kind of thing there's no traffic, you know I-95 at 4 am in the morning looks pretty safe. I hope Isle of Man next year exorcises my demons, be careful.

Old 09-09-2007, 07:38 AM

Hmmm,,,, thanks for theadvice, How is the transition from street to track? Is it a lot different? I've always said I want to ride on a track but did not want to put myrelatively new 06 1K on it because of the cost to fix the cosmetics. I will need to get the correct gear boots, pants, etc. Should I change out my stock tires? I think I will budget for a track after the xmas holidays the kids are taking up the extra cash these days. Maybe I'll track the 06 andeventually get an 07/08 for the street (hopefully I will hit thelotto one day).

Old 09-09-2007, 07:49 AM

Thanks.... I try to be careful.thats me I-95, Turpike etc. I wonder sometime if my guages are working correctly, lets say I'm ridingI may not realize how fast I'm going until I see cars ahead and I'm sayingwhy are they moving so slow is there an accident ahead? Then I glance at myspeedo and see 110-125 and I ease up. I don't get the chance to go higher like 130+ the roads gettoo busy. I definately do not want to spend a night in jail (see bboi reply) my wife would divorce me once she has finished killing me.

Old 09-09-2007, 02:06 PM

I can understand your problem, living in Florida. How else are you supposed to enjoy the bike? I agree with the others-do some track days. I've got a similar problem. Where I live there's all kinds of two lane curvy, hilly roads within 5 minutes of my house. I'll start off, telling myself I'm going to go easy and just enjoy the scenery, but next thing I know it's just me and the road and I'm too busy to notice anything else!

Old 09-09-2007, 04:46 PM

ORIGINAL: Wallyburger

Hmmm,,,, thanks for theadvice, How is the transition from street to track? Is it a lot different? I've always said I want to ride on a track but did not want to put myrelatively new 06 1K on it because of the cost to fix the cosmetics. I will need to get the correct gear boots, pants, etc. Should I change out my stock tires? I think I will budget for a track after the xmas holidays the kids are taking up the extra cash these days. Maybe I'll track the 06 andeventually get an 07/08 for the street (hopefully I will hit thelotto one day).
????? Are you serious? Do you think your plastics won't get damaged if you wreck on the street? Because riding like this makes you far more prone to accidents than on the track.

IMO the track is much safer than street. There's no opposing traffic, no cops, no roadkill or rocks hiding around the next blind corner, no drunk drivers, no semis, etc etc etc. Besides, it would probably do a lot for you to get your @ss handed to you by some faster riders. Anyone can drag strip iton a long straight road, but keeping speed up in corners is a whole other story. The track is exactly what you need, no cops or speed limits.

For a track day you'll need at least dense nylon pantswith jacket that zip together (leather recommeded), boots, a backprotector, and gloves (I'm assuming you already have a helmet, but could be wrong). Stock tires are fine for your first track day, just make sure you sign up for the novice group of whatever track riding org you go with. This will allow you to learn the track and some basic techniquesbefore going crazy.

To get the bike ready for the track, you need to flush the radiator and replace the coolant with water + water wetter.You need to remove the license plate, disconnect brake lights, tape up all the lights, and remove the mirrors. I suggest you give this a try before investing in another bike.

Old 09-09-2007, 10:07 PM

"Besides, it would probably do a lot for you to get your @ss handed to youby some faster riders".

Thats all part of the game, no big deal I'm in this forfun, I'm sure those guys at the track could teach me a ton of stuff. I ride with a Shoei X-11 and a Spidi H2 jacket (not leather). When I do get on the track I will do leathers. Thanks for the advice itis a big step & a lot of costs to consider. Thetracksounds like a lot of fun from prepping to riding tojust being around more experienced riders, I can just imagine learning todrag my knee. It sounds like I'd have to tow the bike to the track, I did not think aboutthat....damn. I'll do the research and budget accordingly.

Quick Reply: My bike is possessed - it will not slow down