My bike...

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 04:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My bike...

Today I walked out of the showroom floor with an '06 CBR 1000, black, with a full Yoshi exhaust and a power commander for $8000 before tax and title. I trader in my 600RR for it but I still owed money on it, so I figured I'd rather be paying off a bike I won't get rid of rather than one I will eventually part company with anyways. Oh, the rear tire was brand new and it was about 44 degrees out which made me nervous to ride it home. However, I knew what to do and what not to do so everything is just peachy. Now I have a liter bike! Ha, it's something else.

I know the power on these things is insane but at the same time, I found it quite managable and easy to ride. Of course the handling is superb and it felt more stable than my 600RR. Hopefully tomorrow I can put enough miles on her to make the rear tire safer for the corners, which will also allow me to open it up a little more as opposed to kicking it into second so I don't lose traction. Those new tires can be a bitch but I'm very good at managing the throttle so far. All in all, I'm glad I made the upgrade so today was a great day, despite busting my *** at work. Ride safe...I'll post pics when I get a chance to take a few ...

Old 11-15-2007, 12:07 PM
Default RE: My bike...

congrats on the upgrade. I just went to the dealership today myself to try to an an 07 1000RR but im waiting for word back from my credit application. We will see what happens!

What color did you get? If all goes as planned, im getting all silver with frame sliders an full yosh exhuast for 9699 OTD

Old 11-15-2007, 05:26 PM
Default RE: My bike...

You will love it. I also have a full Yoshi system with a power commander. I have the black model. The power delivery is managable but be careful when you go past 5000rpm's because the beast lies waiting.. It's very easy to manuever as well.