More Pics: BAD MOTOR PROBLEM !!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 06:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More Pics: BAD MOTOR PROBLEM !!!!!!!!

Events leading up to... 04 CBR1000RR 18000 miles.

A while back i had stator and stator wheel changed due to charging system failure by dealership....

Not too long after stator issue i had the 16,000 mile servicing, new plugs and valve adjustment, installed BMC race filters...

Now 2,000 miles later. Had been hearing a slight knock in the engine but not bad enugh to concern me and it would go away after bike warmed up....

Today... cranked it up... heard the slight knock... Took it down the road... knock did not stop... Knock got worse.... took it back to the house after 2 miles... checked the oil...HAD TO ADD 1.8 QT.... Damn near empty although no sighns of an oil leek... MOTOR IS HURT, Lacking power. Drags real bad...

I intend to take off the stator cover and see if its full of oul... other than tha i have no clue... im gona call honda dealer monday.

What you think????

Old 03-16-2008, 08:19 PM
Ty
Default RE: BAD MOTOR PROBLEM !!!!!!!!

Is there oil in the radiator fluid? Have you noticed any oil burning? Sounds like a spun bearing maybe. Let's hope not.

Old 03-17-2008, 06:20 AM

i will check the radiator. oil was not millky. Tuesday i am going to truck it up to the dealer and let them lisen to it. if they will not fix it for free under the valve adjustment/oil change they did i am going to ship it to a good friend of mine who owns a power sports shop in Johnstown PA. (Mark Audi, of Audi's powersports) Great guy, said if i ship him the engine he would tare it apart and tell me what parts i need before he charges me a dime. to see if i want it rebuilt. and his shop rate is 40$ an hour. Gret friend of mine. I live in GA and i get tires and stuff from him all the time.

Old 03-17-2008, 09:47 AM

I think when the dealership did the oil change they didn't fill it up with oil.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:11 AM
Ty

Do we have magnetic drain plugs? If the bearing is spun you should have metal flakes on the drain plug and in the bottom of the pan.

Old 03-17-2008, 03:40 PM

I am going to wait until i talk to the dealer tuesday before i drain the oil. but i would be willing to bet some metal comes out with the oil.

Old 03-17-2008, 08:50 PM

ORIGINAL: Ty

Do we have magnetic drain plugs? If the bearing is spun you should have metal flakes on the drain plug and in the bottom of the pan.
no

Old 03-18-2008, 06:27 PM

I had about a 30 min. sit down talk with the store manager and the service department manager. Prior to that they printed me a list of all charges since 1-1-08 the 16,000 miole servicing and the stator work was on it. and on the 16,000 nile oil change they charged me for a oil filter but there was no charge on there for the OIL. They said their oil comes out of a 55 gallon drum and cost was included in the labor. At the end of the discussion it ended that they would not pay for the tear down and inspection of the engine. so i told him i would consult corprate honda aswell as my lawyer for further advice. I intend to call corprate honda tomarrow.

Does anyone have that number handy???

Old 03-18-2008, 08:57 PM

how do you know the map in the pc3 or pc3 itself didn't act up?

Old 03-19-2008, 06:29 AM

I can check the map in it, but i dont think there is anny thing you can do to the fuel system to cause sutch a knock in the engine. My pc3 does not control the ignition, just the fuel air ratio. and i can feel the knock on the engine case. an extreem fuel/air mix either way lean or ritch should not make an engine knock on the top and bottom end.

By the way honda corprate motorcycle division phone number is 1-866-784-1870 open 6:30 Pacific time monday to friday.

Quick Reply: More Pics: BAD MOTOR PROBLEM !!!!!!!!