Mods that don't work or were not worth the $

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 02:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mods that don't work or were not worth the $

Everyone seems to have plenty to say about what they like and what works, but how about some feedback on those mods that simply don't work or were a serious waste of money....I am sure we have all bought something we wish we hadn't, I haven't done it yet on my new bike, but have in the past....let's hear what everyone has to say, might save someone for making a mistake...

Old 06-01-2006, 01:02 AM
Default RE: Mods that don't work or were not worth the $

Wow! no responses, i am quite surprised that with all the mods people are putting on their bikes, no one has bought something that didn't work right or just wasn't worth the money....

Old 06-01-2006, 01:09 AM

well..i should say my PC III den!! Surprised?? haha..mine lasts for 2 mths b4 it went haywire!! Not all units are like mine thou but juz tot dat S$600 spent for 2 mths worth of joyful bliss is inadequate!! Lucky for the 1year warranty..mine will come back in 1 week time after waiting for 6 bloody mths..[&:]

Old 06-01-2006, 01:54 AM

I have only 1 mod I bought not for this bike it was another bike. Goit it on a recommendation of a friend. It was a Rad Guard to protect radiator on the bike. As soon as I got it out of the box, I chucked it in the bin, it was utter crap.

Old 06-11-2006, 07:56 AM

The aftermarket heel guards I put on kinda suck lol.
i have to get around to polishing the factory ones and putting them back on. Two times now my shoe lace hes got caught on them and I almost couldnt get my foot down in time. One of these times its going to be my pant leg and I wont be so lucky...I seen it happen too, now thats a sad way to drop a bike.

Old 06-11-2006, 10:27 PM

eddie,
your bike is trick. Lot's of hours spent on it. Oh, money too...sweet man......

Old 06-12-2006, 06:56 AM

Thanks! Yeah, the money hurt quite a bit, I am by no means rich...but I guess we cant take it to our grave with us eh?

Old 06-12-2006, 09:17 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Get you some riding boots and that'll keep your pants outta the heel guards No what ya mean about 'em though -- I painted my stock guards and modded 'em so they'd fit on my Sato rearsets. Other than that I love the rearsets and every other mod I've done.

Old 06-21-2006, 03:51 PM

Flapper mod, waste of time made ZERO difference, but then mine is a UK bike I have heard that US bikes the flap actuates at a different RPM point maybe why you guys get more out of it

Old 06-21-2006, 04:00 PM

Header wraps, worked great on the part of the exhaust under the seat to where it met the headers, but when i put it on the headers I rode the bike for 5 minutes and they were smoking like cheech and chong. 30 bucks down the toilet.

Quick Reply: Mods that don't work or were not worth the $