Old 04-30-2007, 12:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: may never ride agian

Glad your OK. Family's first.

Old 04-30-2007, 01:34 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

glad your ok, when you are ready, post some pics of bike, you got insurance tho i take it?

Old 04-30-2007, 01:38 PM
Banned

This is a perfect example of why 1000's are seriously uneccessary.

600's are much more forgiving when you make a mistake - which is gonna happen at some point. This mistake on a 600 simply wouldn't have had the same result.

I don't mean to be harsh, and I"m very happy you're okay for the sake of a you being a fellow rider AND for your family. I hope you get something out of what I said and maybe look into a 600. I'd hate to see a rider give it up just because of rider error.

Heal up bro, hopefully we'll see you in the 600 forums before too long.

Old 04-30-2007, 04:21 PM

Glad u came out alright. It happens, I know the feeling, Im a dad as well with four kids...I sold my old bike back in 2000 and I havnt ridden in almost 6 to 7 years....that bike ride feeling will always be in the back of your head. came back from my 3rd tour in Iraq... wifey gave me the okay to ride again and bought my this 1000RR....man was I scared....My wife let me ride only on one condition, no kneedragging speedlimit only...no track time...but she is now starting to relax a bit and let me ride my ride. She hates bikes....good luck...hopefully, all goes well, u can never grow old from riding...maybe give a few years u'll be back riding or maybe sooner.
raf

Old 04-30-2007, 04:36 PM

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

600's are much more forgiving when you make a mistake - which is gonna happen at some point. This mistake on a 600 simply wouldn't have had the same result.
that was the most retarded statement i have ever seen on here...congrats. i take my hat off to u for bein so dumb when u know damn well if he woulda accidently clutched it up like that on a 600 and had given it gas by accident while it was in the air that it woulda had the same result. maybe not on ur old and heavy **** f3 but on any newer 600 the same woulda resulted.

anyways, glad to here u are ok. if u dont wanna ride that is completely understandable. i thought about it after i looped mine onto me last year...just couldnt let her go after i heard her start up again lol. but to each their own

Old 04-30-2007, 04:40 PM

glad you're ok ... take your time with the recovery, do as much therapy as possible to get back to your original strength and flexibility
make the choice to ride or not when the time arrives - don't rush into it ... you may stop riding now but you'll be back later i'm sure of that

Old 04-30-2007, 10:25 PM

Glad you're Ok. Hope everything goes well.
Don't let the dream die, just ride safer.

Old 05-02-2007, 01:12 AM

krash:

If I were you, I'd make sure thereis no exempt clause in the insurance policy for death due to a motorcycle accident. Do not take the word of your agent. Look at the policy itself. When I was involved in the insureance business, the company that I represented did not write policies for motorcyclists.

Old 05-02-2007, 01:23 AM

I do need to check into that deeper, my old work policy had a clause about high risk activities, included sky diving, scuba diving, off road vehicles, but it did specifically stated that a motorcycle driven as transportation on the road was not exempt.

but that is agood point, can you by chancetell us who you represented. Itis something that weall need to look into closer. maybeget a list ofinsurance companies that exclude motorcycists.

Old 05-02-2007, 05:08 PM

I need a 1000. I am 6'2" 235lbs and I romp on the 1000. I test rode a new 600RR and was seriosly disapointed. I did not enjoy the 600RR for squat.

If the 600 is your size of bike, ride the 600. I need more.......
ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

I don't mean to be harsh, and I"m very happy you're okay for the sake of a you being a fellow rider AND for your family. I hope you get something out of what I said and maybe look into a 600. I'd hate to see a rider give it up just because of rider error.

Heal up bro, hopefully we'll see you in the 600 forums before too long.

Quick Reply: may never ride agian