Lost 3 HP with Yoshi Slip on on 08....

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 03:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lost 3 HP with Yoshi Slip on on 08....

ORIGINAL: trainedkilla

Thanks...

But the bottom is still...that his bike could not have been very different off the assembly line from mine and even with a aftermarket pipe, his bike kicked out more HP on the same Dyno machine. I dont know if the weather conditions could have played a part or not but I would bet that the conditions were very simular also.
Yes, the variables in manufacturing process could make one bike have a noticeable HP advantage over another of the same bike

Old 09-21-2008, 03:39 PM

Damn!!! I should have made them Dyno every CBR in the Dealership and then buy the strongest one!! lol

Old 09-21-2008, 04:02 PM
VP

Do you have a PCIII on your 08? Reason I ask is that you actually can lose horsepower by modifying the bike so a custom tune can restore the lost ponies and often add a few more.

Old 09-21-2008, 05:11 PM

I just responded to your other post. I do not have a PC III. The guy that ran mine on the Dyno yestarday said that a custom map is about 300 bucks.

PC III- 300
Custom Map- 300
air filter- 80

From your post on the other thread, I do not think that those extra few HP are worth the 700 bucks I would have to put in it. I do not race it so I am leaning towards leaving it as is.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:05 AM

ORIGINAL: trainedkilla

I just responded to your other post. I do not have a PC III. The guy that ran mine on the Dyno yestarday said that a custom map is about 300 bucks.

PC III- 300
Custom Map- 300
air filter- 80

From your post on the other thread, I do not think that those extra few HP are worth the 700 bucks I would have to put in it. I do not race it so I am leaning towards leaving it as is.
Forget the dyno report, dynos can lie..way too many variables. Bottom line, how does your bike run with the Yoshi on there? Does it feel any different, sound any different, is there any more or less vibration, does the power seem to flow better, do youfeel faster at the track or on your favorite stretch of road?Sometimes it's easy to get hung up on numbers, one reason why I've never felt compelled to dyno any of my bikes.

I'd be looking at those things more than peak HP numbers. I would also agree with the fellow that said that dyno is out of calibration...reading a bit low it sounds like.

Kruz

Old 09-23-2008, 02:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

Do you have a PCIII on your 08? Reason I ask is that you actually can lose horsepower by modifying the bike so a custom tune can restore the lost ponies and often add a few more.
Ur right ..thats exactly what I did..had the PC III installed with custom map andfine tuned with on the Dynoto compensate the loss of back pressure, etc due to shorty exhaust.

Works and runs like a charm never mind the powerband..omg..

stock it was in the high 140's and now mid to upper 150's + weight factor makes it a machine to be reckon with.

Old 09-23-2008, 03:25 PM
VP

ORIGINAL: Will1000RR

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

Ur right ..thats exactly what I did..had the PC III installed with custom map andfine tuned with on the Dynoto compensate the loss of back pressure, etc due to shorty exhaust.

Works and runs like a charm never mind the powerband..omg..

stock it was in the high 140's and now mid to upper 150's + weight factor makes it a machine to be reckon with.
So I take it you never sold your 08?

Old 09-23-2008, 03:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol...hell no! I re-thought and said naaahhhh...not gonna happen.Besides...I was able to nego the condo deal.

I just recently hit 6k miles and luvin the all around capability of this machine....

Old 09-23-2008, 04:30 PM
VP

glad to hear it!

Old 09-24-2008, 04:06 PM

I will say that with the yoshi pipe, the bike feels alot better than stock. It sounds like rock music and it seems to have more torque.

My bike had the second highest Dyno reading from all of the other bikes there but what concerned me the most was the difference between my bike and a stock 08 CBR 1000. It was done on a different day though and the callibration could have been different.

Quick Reply: Lost 3 HP with Yoshi Slip on on 08....