CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 1000RR (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000rr-13/)
-   -   Long trip -CBR 1000 (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000rr-13/long-trip-cbr-1000-a-17268/)

TRBL600RR 06-26-2006 05:26 PM

RE: Long trip -CBR 1000

Come on.....If you are gonna ride...ride. I went from Virgina Beach, Va to Dallas, TX.....twice! 1300 miles one way. This is a good time to get your I-pod with your favorite tunes and enjoy a good ride. if you are riding at break neck speeds you are missing a lot. Especially the girls who dig guys on bikes.

ShoHonda 06-26-2006 07:39 PM

Havn't done a super long trip, but I do get about 143 miles per tank on average with some hard riding here n there.

ShoHonda

Basie 07-04-2006 09:01 PM

Have just come back from a weekend of some crazy riding along the east coast of South Africa, 1100km in total, on some of the best roads to offer for a one litre sports bike!

Saturday morning I met up with two of my friends and of we went a ZX10, an R1 and a Fireblade with our women following behind in the back-up vehicle with our camping gear.

We set of at speed and along the first section from Richards Bay to Durban, which is mostly highway, I saw 278 km/h on the Blade, our time to the first stop 165km away, 50 minutes! Some coffee, fill up with fuel, wait for the woman to catch up and then a hearty breakfast.

Stage two, Durban to Port Edward, we maintained an easy pace between 180 km/h and 200 km/h with the odd squirts to 220 km/h which brought us to our next stop 185 km away in just over one hour. More coffee, fill up with fuel and take some pictures while we wait for the ladies.

Stage three, Port Edward to Port St Johns, the back roads of Africa! 200km of high concentration stuff. A good mix of 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear corners with nothing more than 180 km/h on top end. Now this is HARD WORK! Nearly two hours later we reach our destination the “Doobie Rally”. Now it is time to have a beer, compare the chicken strips on the tires and meet up with some old friends from all over SA. While we wait for the woman we head down to the beach to buy some crayfish from the locals for tonight barbeque.

Sunday it is the same story, just in reverse. What a weekend!!!

cbr04 07-04-2006 11:22 PM

sounds like a good time. let's see some of those pics :D

CYCDUP 07-05-2006 04:43 PM

Have taken a few 300+ trips & I enjoyed them but it was very ruff on the a$$ & wrist. I advise plan some breaks along the journey to not wear your body out.

m007slater 07-05-2006 08:26 PM

i recently came back from france and i live in the uk , it was a 1500 mile trip and i was getting to 130 without a fuel light which suggests i could get to 150 atleast and that was cruising at 80mph in top gear . when im out in uk going like a mad mad i get to 110 and light comes on so i guess if you take it easy you would put an extra 30 miles before filling up ...........
but if your bored its nice to stop and break the journey up with a few breaks im thinking ..........

CBRsince98 07-10-2006 05:00 AM

I wimped out and took a plane. I ride my crotch rocket around town for an hour and I can feel my knees getting cramped and my throttle wrist wanting a break. So I said f it and paid 300 bucks and flew, but I kind of wish now that I rode and took a hotel break half way if it was really killing me. Anyway, the bottom line was that I know after 20 miles on the highway I have to fight the urge to turn into speed racer and hit 100+ mph (after 450 miles who knows what I'd be doing). So I figured my ticket somewhere along the line would pay for the flight.