long ride position

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 12:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default long ride position

on a long ride 150 miles what position on the freeway do you RR riders ride, in a tuck the whole time or up catching wind?

Old 11-14-2006, 12:28 AM
Default RE: long ride position

On long rides I ride backwards on the gas tank. [sm=goodidea.gif]

Personally, I never tuck in unless I'm 100+ for what ever reason. Usually just ride up right. Maybe one arm resting on the tank, or up on my knee or both on the handle bars. That's about it. Depends on traffic and road conditions.

Old 11-14-2006, 01:04 AM

I also ride up straight.
If you learn how to use your body with the bike movements you can actually ride really comfy.
keep your knees tucked in the tank, arms loose and find a good position for your heiny on the seat.
I also due what gixxereater said about one hand on tank.

soon or later it will all come naturally.

Old 11-14-2006, 02:04 AM

If the traffic isn't thick I tend to put down the passenger pegs and put my feet on them and lay on the tank, rode from Chicago to Detroit and back in this position.

Old 11-14-2006, 02:10 AM

Out here in socali even if traffic is thick I will ride with one arm. Hell I will ride the canyon one arm. Unless you have a sponsor across your *** of your leathers. There is no real reason to tuck unless, UNLESS over 115.

Old 11-14-2006, 05:14 AM

just depends, most of the time i'm up but occasionally lay down.

Old 11-14-2006, 05:43 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My dealer is 70 miles away, so picking up parts and such is a pain (epecially because it's a straight 70 mile highway with little traffic.....but heavily patrolled). So it's a boring ride, so your *** gets sore. I usually scoot my butt all the way back against the back seat and tuck in a bit, sometimes laying on the tank. My *** always got sore after the first 60 miles or so, so I bought a Corbin seat and haven't had a sore-*** since. Those Corbins do make a big difference (but costs a cool $300 bucks though. Expensive but worth it.)

Old 11-14-2006, 11:40 AM

hmm...i like this one. well i use my bike to go everywhere so i got alot of road to cover...i usually do the one arm resting on tank and then i'll switch it up a bit...once i did try to stretch to the passenger seat...haha...idk what i was thinking jus got bored...

Old 11-14-2006, 11:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The most important thing is to keep moving and not sit in the same position for too long... once it gets sore there isn't much you can do about it.

Otherwise - ya - hook your feet on the passenger pegs and take a nap on the tank. Just beware - I just about broke ribs when I was doing this once and hit a patch of rippled pavement that had a harmonic frequency with my bikes length and suspension setup. OUCH!

Old 11-14-2006, 12:50 PM

I guess I have layed down. Usually that is during a freeway drone to the Black Hills and Im usually laying on my tank bag. That is pretty comfy. So not really tucked in, just laying down.

Quick Reply: long ride position