JUST WENT UP

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 08:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JUST WENT UP

welcome.
I just got mines a couple months ago except mines is a 04.
watch out for the sand especially now in this time.

Old 03-27-2006, 11:03 PM

hi cbr1000_army i just got mine 3 weeks ago same color pictures do not do this bike justice it is dam beautiful in person love mine mygod i think they are all beautiful who needs a woman

Old 03-28-2006, 12:56 AM

Welcome, and if you hang around this site for long be ready to spend some more dough - there's a lot of good info and mods discussed.

Old 03-28-2006, 09:00 AM

I got mine about 3 weeks ago... same color... watch the cold tires/ cold pavement combo. Took a 90 degree curve at about 18 mph right after I left the driveway yesterday (about 48 degrees air temp)and had the *** slide out from under me. I guess I leaned a little too far, and now I'm looking for a new upper fairing. Thank God my body stayed under the bike so not even a scratch on the rest of the paint.

Old 03-28-2006, 06:13 PM

Man,

That slide sounds horrible. Cool tires will do that to ya. Just a thought for those with NEW tires - they have a film/coating from what I can tell that does not lend itself to traction at all. Go easy on em for awhile to rub'm clean and warm up slowly with minor turns in the beginning of each ride. A very controlled weave on good ground will do the trick to scrub'm/heat'm. I'm sure many of the pro types here have better waaays besides tire warmers - but that has given me the traction. Sorry about the low slide I presume...

I haven't seen any 06 fairings on Ebay today...

Old 03-28-2006, 06:53 PM

Whats up all. Like my army counter part I am also a new Owner of a CBR 1000RR Blue and Yellow.
Cross InTo The Blue!!

Old 03-28-2006, 06:57 PM

Got one on order from my dealership... will be here in 3 days. I saw 05 uppers on ebay for $250. Getting one from my dealer for $240. (for those who may want to know for future reference, they retail for $305, my dealership is cutting me a deal). The slide was more my fault than anything... I began my excelleration 2/3 of the way thru the curve and was leaned too low... didn't gun it, but apparently enough to make the rear tire think it was on ice. I was more sick for making a stupid mistake like that on cold tires than anything. Minor road burn (not even a rash) on my knee and some VERY sore ligaments where my leg was under the bike, but no worse for wear. I told the wife it's a good thing my flush mounts will be here tomorrow so I can already have the fairing apart (rolls her eyes). Back on the road in a week and ready to hit the Dragon's tail when it warms up some!!!

Old 03-28-2006, 07:12 PM

sorry to hear about your spill. cold tires suck. i've had mine break loose a few times [:@] glad to hear the damage wasn't too extensive though.

Old 03-28-2006, 10:48 PM

i invested in a set of frame sliders. i no it sucks to haVE TO CUT THE FAIRINGS BUT I HAD A SET ON MY 600RR AND DROPPED IT ON A 180 TURN AROUND ONE DAY JUST TOUCHED THE SLIDERS NOTHING ELSE ON THE BIKE . ITHE ONLY PROBLEM ON THE LEFT SIDE YOU ALMOST HAVE TO CUT THE BOLT HOLE FOR THE TOP BOLT IN THE FAIRING OUT. I CHECKDE INTO THE ONE YOU DO NOT HAVE TO CUT THE FAIRING AND FOUND OUT IF YOU DROP IT OR JUTS TURN IT OVER IT BENDS THE WATER NECK AND THAT IS A 18 HR JOB AT THE DEALER NOT CHEAP. JUST A THOUGHT

Old 03-29-2006, 12:19 PM

Sorry to hear that also, when I got my bike out of the dealer the salesman told me countless times to be careful with those new tires. I have been so careful in the corners that I think i am looking like a rookie on a new bike. I rather look like that for a few weeks than putting my bike down. I hope you can get it fix and quick!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!