Just bought a bike and...

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 04:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought a bike and...

So I just bought a 2007 CBR100RR today. I went in to buy the '08 CBR600RR, and they were going to sell it OTD for $11K. But they said they'd sell me the '07 1000RR for $10,800. So, easy choice. I fill out all the paperwork..I'm stoked to get on it. Finally it's mine, and I leave. I get home, show it to the parents.

I'm on my way to meet them and the roommate for dinner and...the bike dies while I'm in second gear. Throttle starts fluttering, and it cuts out on me. Rear wheel locks, and luckily I pull in the clutch because I started a slide. I pull over, start it again, and take off. Dies on me probably eight more times within half a mile. Finally it won't even start.

I call the motorsports store, they send a guy out to get it. An hour later he gets to me (I'm on the side of the road in a SoCal summer...not fun). They bring it back to the store, and after about thirty minutes tell me they *think* it's a problem with the fuel pressure regulator. So my brand new bike, with less than thirteen miles on it, is sitting in the shop. They said they *might* have it done tomorrow. If not, they're closed the fourth, fifth, and sixth, so I could pick it up next Tuesday at the earliest.

Sucks.

Old 07-03-2008, 07:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Just bought a bike and...

Damn dude that really sucks... hmmm on a brand new bike it stalls...I find that weird... yeah from ur explanation it sounds like you were running out of gas....??? But my question would be a bike with 13 miles on her and the fuel regulator goes...hmmm Sorry to disappoint you but if I were you I would get a second opinion. Hope it works out bro...

Old 07-03-2008, 06:34 PM

Yeah, I called the shop today and the guy says they're "working on it and don't know what's wrong yet." Meanwhile, I'm stuck at home with no bike. Luckily I just bought it yesterday and it has a five-year warranty. If push-comes-to-shove, I'll call it a lemon and get my cash back and go elsewhere.

Old 07-04-2008, 10:43 AM

+1 let them keep it. get your money back.

Old 07-04-2008, 11:43 AM

I'd wait to hear what they have to say. Sometimes crap happens but these things are built like tanks... I'd be a tad nervous about it already having problems but again - it's probably sat there for a while before being ridden. Best of luck!

Old 07-04-2008, 11:16 PM

Sorry to hear that but im sure its a minor fix and you'll be in the wind soon. Ialso just got mine about a week ago and went to the dealer to get a 08 and when I saw my 06 yellow/blue 1000rrnew never registered on the show room I saved almost 3000 dollars from a 08 and couldnt be happier even though the 08 is pretty sweet I love my blue/yellow combo on the 06 andit has no catslike most of the 08's I beleive. Anyway knock on wood no issues yet and runs like a champ, im so impressed with this bike its hard to put into words. Well im sure you'll be just as happy with yours once you get it worked out. BTW what color did you get ?

Old 07-05-2008, 12:04 AM

This dealership should be working late all hours to get your bike fixed. I know most won't, and that drives me crazy, but for a brand new bike... there is absolutely no excuse for them not working on it until its done.. Trust me... they haven't even touched it yet. I've had my bike in the shop before and was fed the same line. Only to drop by and see it hasnt even moved from the back into the shop.

I'm not trying to diss your dealership, but I've delt with a few and I've found them all to be the same. Ask them what they have ruled out.... what have they checked.... Betcha they can't asnwer it...

+2 on leaving the bike there and going elsewhere.. especially for the way they are acting.. Your bike should take their full priority considering the circumstances.

Old 07-05-2008, 12:48 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

a 600 for 11k? I would have told that dealership to kiss my ***. In Chattanooga you can get a 08 1krr for 11k OTD and a 08 600RR for just over 8k OTD.

Old 07-05-2008, 06:57 AM

You bought a 2007 just because it was 200 dollars cheaper?...

Old 07-05-2008, 08:10 AM

different countries have different prices... where i live an 08 1k is $15 000 before taxes and junk... brutal hey

Quick Reply: Just bought a bike and...