I NEVER SEE IT???????????????

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 09:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I NEVER SEE IT???????????????

I see a lot of posts about coolant leaks and leaks from the coolant overflow tube but I NEVER have seen coolant leak from the tube but I wash and wax my bike twice a weekand every time I do there are white dots on the lower fiering near the tube that look like dried water. It’s a 07 and the coolant is ok and it never gets hot. Only thing i can think is Florida condensation gets in at night leaks while riding and than dries (dirty Florida air). It is also a pain to get off most days, Any help on stopping or cleaning.. Thanks.

Old 05-28-2008, 12:23 AM
Default RE: I NEVER SEE IT???????????????

I found that the radiator fluid would sometimes leak onto my lower fairing due to the short breathing hose (and occasional wheelies). Simple fix- just buy an extender coupling from an automotive store and some extra hose, then tuck it away.

Name:  IMG_4106.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  47.7 KB

Old 05-29-2008, 02:52 PM

Onarom thats a pretty good suggestion!!

Old 05-29-2008, 09:58 PM

I work in an auto shop and have all that in my toolbox, Thanks its a great idea and works perfect. But should i be concerned about the coolant loss?????

Old 05-30-2008, 01:37 AM

I am glad you think it's a good idea. It has definately helped me keep my lower fairing clean. Here are a couple other ideas I have had: https://cbrforum.com/m_569218/tm.htm

You are only loosing a couple of drops at a time (i hope), so it probably looks like a lot more than it is, especially when you are cleaning it off of your lower fairing. I have 15,000 miles on my bike and it is only the second time I have topped it off. I check it every time I change the oil (about every 3,000-4,000 miles for me).

Old 06-02-2008, 10:06 PM

Yea there is only a few drops here and there, so i guess i will make sure i check it every time i do maintenance. Thanks for the help.