I`m New what mods come first?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 09:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I`m New what mods come first?

Like its says, newish 1000RR waiting for my itchy little fingers to get fiddling, what you recomend to sort first? Other than obvious stuff like susp which i`ve already tweeked.

Old 12-09-2005, 01:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: I`m New what mods come first?

Depends on if you are wanting to change the looks or performance. Some mods do both. Most I've seen go with a new slip on and Dyno Jet Power Commander. Personally I like to mod the looks of my bike like flush mount signals and getting rid of the rear fender. That way I can ride the bike as Honda intended for a while before I start to mod it for performance. Or go big by ordering and installing everthing at the same time.

Old 12-09-2005, 02:02 PM

These are the next five mods that I recommend:
- full leathers (if you don't already have them)
- trackday
- trackday
- trackday
- trackday

Better to mod the rider instead of the bike.

Old 12-09-2005, 02:56 PM
Retired Mod

ORIGINAL: abadfish

These are the next five mods that I recommend:
- full leathers (if you don't already have them)
- trackday
- trackday
- trackday
- trackday

Better to mod the rider instead of the bike.

much agreed. get the rider up to the performance of the bike, then modify the bike.

Old 12-09-2005, 03:26 PM

I don`t want to insult your intelligence but, i don`t ride a 125 or a 400 or any other learner bike, so why would you assume that i`m a newbie at this game? I love the track i have been on many occasions and know how to ride well (don`t wanna sound like i`m full of myself here) so can we keep the suggestions to the bike?

Old 12-09-2005, 03:33 PM
Retired Mod

ORIGINAL: mewhatido?

I don`t want to insult your intelligence but, i don`t ride a 125 or a 400 or any other learner bike, so why would you assume that i`m a newbie at this game? I love the track i have been on many occasions and know how to ride well (don`t wanna sound like i`m full of myself here) so can we keep the suggestions to the bike?
didn't mean any insult by the comment but i really did think that it sounded like you were a fairly new rider by the post that you started this thread with. i personally choose to spend my money equally on modifications and trackdays and i recommend the same to everyone.

as far as bike mods, i would invest in a power commander before anything else. it improves the stock exhaust/intake setup and will allow you to further tune the beast when you start throwing other parts at it. after the pc, go with exhaust (full or slip-on) and an air filter. another mod that i personally like is the 520 conversion. after that, maybe some better tires and brake upgrades. and play with your suspension settings and find whats best for you. besides, its free!

Old 12-09-2005, 03:52 PM

No insult taken, by i`m new i ment new here. Not new to riding, i thought you`d get that cos i`m riding a 1000RR. Any hoo i`ve been reading about the exhaust valve/flapper did you disable it when your bike was stock? I heard it makes the bike run alot smoother without it.

Old 12-09-2005, 03:58 PM
Retired Mod

i actually still have my HTEV (exhaust valve) still in place with a slip-on muffler. i rode another bike with a full system and felt like my low end was better with quicker throttle response. all the HTEV does is increase back-pressure at low rpm's. i personally like it, others don't. there also is a airbox flapper mod that i am currently looking into. there is a link that i started today with a link from anubus that explains it.

Old 12-09-2005, 04:00 PM

I removed the Exhaust valve cables when mine was stock, it makes a noticable improvement to the stock fueling. Especially from low revs the pick up is greatly improved. If you decide to do it you need to make sure you mark the original position of the servo that moves the cables. Because you need to return the servo back to this position when you`ve removed the cables or you`ll get the Fi light come on. As for mods, thats your decision. Thats is what makes your bike, yours.

Old 12-09-2005, 04:00 PM
Retired Mod

ORIGINAL: mewhatido?

No insult taken, by i`m new i ment new here. Not new to riding, i thought you`d get that cos i`m riding a 1000RR.

you would be surprised how many people buy liter bikes for a first bike!

Quick Reply: I`m New what mods come first?