I gotta tell ya. A liter bike is a handful

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 05:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I gotta tell ya. A liter bike is a handful

After 200 miles of experience on this machine, I got a couple things to say about it.

That throttle makes it like riding a rifle.

Coming from a 50hp, 44ftlb bike to a 155bhp, 80ftlb bike has been an edjakashun!

Anything less than 110 percent concentration on the throttle when shifting and it wants to either dump you on your nose, or flip you on your back. Be real gradual when you release your clutch until you are at the point where you never, and I MEAN NEVER miss synchronizing your engine speed with your road speed. If you have to, sacrifice the lifespan of that first clutch cassette for the purpose of training yourself.

Treat that throttle like it was heroin. A little dab'l do ya. Don't overdose!

And get lots and lots of emergency braking practice on various road surface types! I come from a bike that has ABS brakes on it, that will slip the brake and let the wheel keep rolling if you run over something slippery. You do NOT want to mess with lost contact patch on a tightening, off-cambered corner with wet leaves on it when you aren't ready for it. Never go 10 of 10 on the bikes limits while off a race track. Curbs and fire hydrants are hard.

Old 07-20-2006, 05:55 PM
Default RE: I gotta tell ya. A liter bike is a handful

Tell me about it , put a full pipe, power commander, race filters and lower gearing and this thing is trying to kill me [&:]

Old 07-20-2006, 07:05 PM

Well put boyz!

I remember when I first grabbed on the reigns and felt the roar power this machine has on tap. I actually dismounted, took a couple of steps back, and swear to respect her and appreciate her performance. My prior machine was a 03 YZF600RR> (Which I loved)

Old 07-20-2006, 10:24 PM

i picked up my liter this last tuesday and man the torque is incredible compare to my 600rr. this bike is awesome, but true, you have to respect its power or it will kill you.

Old 07-20-2006, 10:54 PM

you have ***** making this thread!! after bashing a new rider,i believe you adressed him
"organ donor"-dead man walking"-are you having trouble yourself???-new riders need to have confidence-you
took it away from him-"organ donor"-"dead man walking-are these the words
you want in the back of "your head",if something goes wrong-sounds like you need to re-think your plan or set-up
your bike for your driving style-i will bet you do not know how-dumb ***!!!!!!!!

Old 07-20-2006, 10:57 PM

I only have a 929, but its close to a liter. The first ride I tried to pop my standard 3ft high wheelie, and I almost looped the bike backwards. After a little time on it there is no way I am ever going back to a 600, the torque and low end power are so different and in my eyes better.

Old 07-20-2006, 11:39 PM

sfnative,
929-my big brother-i am a 954
3rd up!! well done!!!!

Old 07-21-2006, 12:06 AM

i went from an f3 to a vstar(don't ask, it was a great looking sled though), to a 900rr...i had to completely relearn how to ride...there is no shame in keeping both pieces of rubber down and getting used to the power...keep doing your drills and practicing and you'll soon be back in shape to be a little more daring...i rode in a lot for about 2 weeks before i even took her on the street....maybe i was too carefull but, i'll risk the criticism just to be comfortable and safe...keep up the intelligent riding

Old 07-21-2006, 01:56 PM

erased...

Old 07-21-2006, 02:19 PM

Sounds like a good plan to me.

Quick Reply: I gotta tell ya. A liter bike is a handful