How Hot is the Seat!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 03:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Hot is the Seat!!!

I am considering a new 06 CBR 1000RR, I live in the Dallas, TX area.
I am wondering how hot the exhaust is for the Rider. It seems the
Yamaha's are plaqued with this issue oF (Roasting Your ChestNuts)
Just wondering how the 06 CBR1000RR is for Heat on the Rider due to the undertail Exhaust.
BTW it is supposed to be over 105 today in Dallas. Thanks for the info.

Todd

Old 07-18-2006, 04:00 PM
Default RE: How Hot is the Seat!!!

Im pretty sure at 105 degrees lil homey is gonna b roasted no matter what bike ur on. I live on the west coast of florida where its constently between 90 and 100 when it aint rainin wit damn like 100% humidity and occasionaly the seat gets a lil hot if ive been ridin for hours on end. Its not as hot as u would think...its probly more hot for the pasanger than anything cause thats where most of the heat ends up gettin directed. At 105 degrees u should b more concerned wit what kinda bike u get not over heating which will b the honda. I always c those gixers and yamys sittin at the gas station coolin off while im out ridin down the strip on the beach. Kinda feel a lil sorry for them knowin that they wanna ride around but they cant cause their bike is all over heated...brings a tear to my eye...NOT! They shoulda been smarter

Old 07-18-2006, 04:34 PM

I have ridden the R1 quite extensively and would like to assure you that the Honda seat does not get nearly as hot as that of the Yamaha

Old 07-18-2006, 04:45 PM

Heat index in St. Louis right now is 105. As long as your moving it's not that bad... I mean it's not like your in A/C in the cage, but it's not unbearable.

Old 07-18-2006, 06:57 PM

I see you 105 and raise you another 10 degrees....last friday it was 115 degrees here...and yes i rode home in rush hour traffic in it. Trust me when I say this, the heat from the exhaust was the least of my worries; with 115 degress outside reflecting of the rubberized asphalt and a bike running at 225 deg, it was scorching hot. Did I mention my average speed in traffic was about 12 mph....; I have ridden the bike in cooler weather, and honestly i don't even notice the exhaust, and to me its even less noticeable than side exhaust bikes....now with my two bros on their, i expected a bit more heat, but still minimal.....and the undertail simply is just so much cooler looking than a side pipe...IMO of course

Old 07-18-2006, 09:33 PM

Thanks for the reply's

Was just a little concerned seeing all the R1's for sale with very few miles!!!
Thinking the Honda might be plaqued with the same problem. I am hoping to get a test ride on
one in the next few days. Cant beat the Southern Honda Price $8983.00 for a Brand new 06 CBR1000RR!!!
And since i will be with in 75 miles of there in the next month, seems pretty sweet

AZ1000rr,

115 wow that is really hot!

Old 07-18-2006, 10:24 PM

I put my two brothers exauhst and I was afraid that that was going to happen but it seems that the exauhst actually runs a little cooler. I also didn't remove my heat shield I just modified it to be flushed with the tail. you can't really see it unless your looking for it.

[IMG]local://upfiles/5575/B5F4FA5A7ECD4D308EBC29763CEF3618.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-19-2006, 11:51 AM

I hate to steal the thread but rookie how did u make the heat shield flush against the tail...been tryin to figure out how to do that

Old 07-19-2006, 12:03 PM

TAPnTX,

I just bought the '06 liter CBR last Saturday in Plano and I don't notice much heat on the seat at all these past three days of commuting through stop-n-go traffic. The heat I get is from being stopped long enough at a light for the temp to cross above 218 degrees and trigger the fan. At that point, my right knee starts to heat up. The seat is fine. I can't speak for a pillion yet, but getting off the bike right after the 25 mile commute I can pull the manual out from under the pillion seat and it is nowhere near hot. I think it's fine. (I just wish there were more spinklers spraying off into the street so I can ride through the shower to cool down!)

DAMN ITS HOT!!!

Old 07-19-2006, 02:29 PM

I simply took the exaust out and with a pencil I contoured the tail marking the heat shield
than I took the heat shield out and cut it to fit so you wouldn't see it from any view
I think it looks sweet and this way you don't burn the chicks roast beef curtains...
im in a rush but I will be explaining it better when I get out of work around 5:30 pm eastern time

Quick Reply: How Hot is the Seat!!!