How can i det it up?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 05:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How can i det it up?

Hallo my friends, i,ve judst bought 2004 model, and unfortunatly can not pull it up on the second gear, it seams that something is rong. Can any body tell me, what to do?

Old 06-22-2006, 05:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How can i det it up?

Please don`t take this the wrong way bro, Your not ready yet. Take it slow and don`t kill yourself. I started learning in the upper range of first (50-60mph) with throttle control alone, and then moved on to clutchin it up. Once you can clutch it up in first and control it, second gear will come just as easy. Find a good place to practice, by yourself, so there is no pressure to be spectacular while friends try to razz ya. I learned in the back of a strip mall after they closed at night so no one could see me repeatedly crush my nuts on the tank....

Old 06-22-2006, 10:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: How can i det it up?

Before i get into how i think you should go about this let me state that i have ridden the 2004 honda quite a bit, as well as the 954, 600rr and the f4i before that. on all of the bike's i had the most problems on the 2004 honda.

i learned to do wheelies on a f4i back in 2001 over the course of the summer. and i didnt get "Good" at it untill about 2yrs ago, i really took my time, practiced and perfected many techniques and talked to lots of "experts" out there.

if your really interested, i wouldn't mind talking to ya over the phone, as there is ALOT of info to put out and i wouldn't want to type it all...

Here is a few pointers though that i recommend:

1) dont use the damn clutch. its un-nessasary. you got about 140hp at the wheel, thats plenty to do wheelies for several miles in 3rd and 4th gear, and i weigh 225lbs. i promise your just gonna tear **** up in the long run doing wheelies with the clutch.
2) sit down and stand ups are two different animals, i started out just doing sit downs in first and second, but anything over a mile or so and its MUCH easier to do them standing up, and alot safer.
3) if your gonna do standups, Lock your damn knees, dont keep them bent!

anyways my email is
sirjagnuke22@yahoo.com and my name is James.

if your really interested get a hold of me and i will walk you through some steps....