HOLE IN RADIATOR

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 04:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HOLE IN RADIATOR

OK GENTLEMAN,
I DONT PUT MY BIKE IN STOEAGE IN THE WINTER BECAUSE WE HAVE SOME DAYS WE CAN RIDE SO I JUST CRANK IT AND LET IT RUN ABOUT 2 TIMES A MONTH TO KEEP EVERY THINHG MOVING. ONE OF MY WORST FEARS WITH THESE RADIATORS CAME TO PAST TODAY I CRANKED THE BABY UP AND THE GOLDWING AND LET THEM RUN AND ABOUT 190 DEGREES HERE COMES THE ANTIFREEZE FROM THE FRONT OF THE RADIATOR BUT WHAT THE HECK I COULD OF BEEN 100 MILES AWAY FROM HOME. MY QUESTION IS WHERE WOULD BE A GOOD PLACE TO LOOK FOR ONE OTHER THAN THE DEALER BECAUSE I BET IT IS NOT CHEAP. NOT THAT I REALLY CARE MY BABY COMES FIRST. THANKS

Old 12-10-2006, 05:29 PM
Default RE: HOLE IN RADIATOR

1st thing, please stop yelling. caps= yelling.

back ot: i would check the hose clamps at the radiator. see if its leaking from there. if you done see any leaks from the hoses, then look at the radiator for any coolant seapage. coolant will dry chaulky looking. if you still cant find a leak, go to a auto parts store and buy a coolant leak kit. it will have a UV dye that you put into the coolant system and also include a UV light to find the leak. id do this after you exhausted all the other possibilites.

dave

Old 12-10-2006, 06:30 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ouch. If the radiator needs to be replaced, it's going to be a pretty penny. Most online stores have them for $430-ish, and I know the dealers would want much more for them too. -BUT- Isn't the bike still under warranty though? Isn't this covered under warranty?

Old 12-10-2006, 08:38 PM

sorry about the yelling,
someone pointed that out to me some time ago just dont pay attention to that . i dont no if it is covered under warranty or not the bike is still wnder warranty i will find out tomorrow. you dont have a problem seeing the hole the coolant is seeping through the front middle part of the radiator. thanks guys

Old 12-10-2006, 10:53 PM

You need to take it to the dealer and ask them about the radiator fan recall. On some units, the radiator fan is mounted too close to the radiator and when it gets to operating temperature, the fan can actually touch and scrape the radiator, eventually causing a small hole. About the warranty issue, new Hondas come with a 6 month warranty from the manufacturer against defects. So if you bought your bike new from the dealer less than 6 months ago and the hole wasn't caused by a small rock or other debris from the road, it should be warranteed.

Old 12-10-2006, 11:22 PM

believe these bikes have a 1 year warranty period

Old 12-11-2006, 01:45 AM

They come standard with a one year warrenty, but I opted to buy the extended warrenty (total of 5 years). I thought it was a good option for me since I plan on having my bike for the next 5 years.

Old 12-11-2006, 11:00 AM

Dang cuz that sucks!!! you musta kicked something off the front tire!! [:'(]

Old 12-12-2006, 12:12 AM

that what i thought about the front tire but it looks like it is coming from in front of the fan blade behind. i did go by te dealer and it will be covered under warranty i will be taking it up tomorrow. thanks guys

Old 12-12-2006, 10:50 AM

excellent !! glad you don't have to pay for it!!

Quick Reply: HOLE IN RADIATOR