HID for dummies

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 02:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID for dummies

Hi Guys...
Ok so I got my HID kit from ebay it's two ballast and bulbs just a couple of questions (and yes I did read the thread on this) I got the new kit with buit in igniters (but not the slim ballast) so it just the HID bulb and ballast one for each side. Here's my question... I see two wires right by the bolb that look like the connect to something one is black and the other red are this hooked up to the power source? if so where do they hook up to? Direct to the battery or are there connection wire somewhere by the original bolbs? Also did anybody ever figure out if you can cut the silicon wire to make them longer or figure out where to mount the ballast without cutting the wires? It looks like I only have about 14" of wire to play with. Any help would be greatly appreciated THANK YOU!

P.S. I would hate to take my bike apart and be stuck without a bike till i figure this out the hard way.

Old 06-28-2008, 08:37 PM
Default RE: HID for dummies

a picture of the system?

my HID kit was all plug'n'play, there was no need to send wires to the battery because it just had hook-up plugs from the original blubs to the HID ones (which the HID kit is for cars, but it still works for bikes)

Old 06-28-2008, 10:58 PM

I figured it out and also where to mount them one on each side but I just have one more question.

How do I adjust the highbeam to aim lower??

PS.. By the way I cut the wires and tried to rund them but it wouldnt turn on so I put them back the way they were and thank god nothing fried .

Old 06-28-2008, 11:28 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

not sure sounds like you got the ghetto version

Old 06-28-2008, 11:40 PM

LOL... no it actaully looked pretty cool but I was the one that tried to do my getto installation cause the wires were too short.

Does anybody know how to adjust the high beam? please let me know. Thanks

Old 06-29-2008, 01:28 AM

you cant adjust the high beams i dont believe. even if you adjusted the headlight itself, it would look goofy and wouldnt align with the eye-slots.

Ok, so the Red Circles are where i placed the Inverters (i used velcro tape so i can take off anytime)
The Red Arrow is where i put BOTH ballasta's at... one went inside that fairing stay unside (it's hollow, one can fit in there - use velcro tape again)
The Other was laid flat under the cluster gauges and above the crowl fairing (there is a SMALL gap in between, so figured i could hide it there)

it's pretty clean, not as clean as what bluefox can do (he has no life MUHAHA) but just think how you can hide all the wires and parts without getting in the way of steering. i say keep the inverters visible - they look actually pretty nice to me compared to the ballasta's

(TIP: use electric tape around the ballesta to cover up the metal so it's pretty hidden when placing it into a secure spot)
Name:  HID.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  626.1 KB

Old 06-29-2008, 12:58 PM

my kit doesnt have inverters I'm asuming they are built in to the ballast but who know's the seem to work just fine dough I just want to lower the high light so it' not so high I know they wont look like the low even I lower the highbeam but that's cool.

Old 07-01-2008, 12:03 AM

Just in case someone else is wanting to know how to adjust the highbeam it's on the upper right side of the light looking at it from the sitting position. turn left to lower and right to race it up. this is just in case someone needs this info in the future.