Help needed (urgent)

Old 08-11-2009, 02:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help needed (urgent)

hi all,
i bought a 2007 fireblade 2 mnths ago i changed the oil in the company and did a service to it, my bike got low millage only 15500km.
they tld me the next service is at 20000.
well i went off to a vacatio and parked my bike for 20 days so u can say i used it for about 40 days, any way now the millage is 15800km today i felt something wrong with my bike well it looks like always but i got thie feeling so i opened the oil cap to check if it got oil well my 2007 cbr odestn have a stick or a window to check the oil level so i entered a paper after i roll it like a cigarette and enter it inside and oull it out well i ddnt find any oil in it keeping in mind that my bike doesnt leek oil and doesnt got any smoke and its still having the stock exhaust.
so hw to know if it got oil or nop?
any way am going to take it to the garage tomorrow but iam not 100% sure of the honda service team am thinking to takin my bike to the kawasaki service team because i feel they are better and they got much aftermarket stock unlike the honda
well my question is what mught be the problem?
are 07 blade well known for oil burning? plz reply ASAP

Old 08-11-2009, 03:04 PM

yes it does have a window to check the oil. if you are unable to check the oil on the machine your first step would be to go to the honda dealer and ask them to teach you the basics of the vehicle, which they will gladly do.

Old 08-11-2009, 03:10 PM

no it doesnt have a window if it does it should be under the oil cap but there is any, and iam not worried about the window am worried about the oil conumption what would the reason be?
keeping in mind that my bike doesnt smoke or leak, and i need to ask u ill have to put at least 1 litre of oil and get it to the honda dealer is 10-40 oil good for gulf weather?

Old 08-11-2009, 04:12 PM

If you have NO oil in there like you say, then it's not a burning issue. There is no way you could burn off an entire liter of oil in 300 miles, and have the bike only feel a bit "odd.". It had to have leaked out somewhere.

DO NOT put automotive oil in your bike; it is not an automobile. You need to use a "4-stroke" oil, like Honda synthetic. A bike or boat shop would have this. FIgure out how to measure the oil level on your bike (There IS a way), determine how much is missing, and add it. then let it sit for a day and see if a puddle forms underneath it.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:18 PM
June 2009 ROTM

Originally Posted by ikhatib
no it doesnt have a window if it does it should be under the oil cap but there is any, and iam not worried about the window am worried about the oil conumption what would the reason be?
There IS a window and its how you check your oil. How could you know if you used any unless you can properly check it? Also make sure to hold the bike upright (or have someone hold it for you) or it will read low.

Old 08-11-2009, 11:45 PM
Talking

well can u imagine that i was pissed off from yday couldnt sleep the whole night and i even did a fight with my gf well my bike is my wife i love it more than anything in this worl
well today in the morning i read the thread and i really appreciate ur help guys yea their is a window down, well my brother used to have a street fighter 1992 suzuki so am nt used to the kit and all.
any way yea its full of oil
what happened is that i ddnt know their was a window to see the oil in my bike so i jst opened tha oil cap and sw that their was nothing there.
but today after i look down i saw the window and it was full of oil so nothing wrong with my baby
thanks again guys i really appreciate ur help and i live this forum big time its the best

Old 08-12-2009, 08:49 AM

Yeah, we knew there was a window . The oil should NEVER be all the way up to the cap. Glad to here all is well.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:43 AM

Glad you got this sorted out...The 07 has a sight glass, the 08 and newer have a dipstick.

Old 08-13-2009, 02:20 AM

ya 10xs guys

Old 08-14-2009, 03:42 AM
June 2009 ROTM

Good thing you didn't fill it up eh? LOL That could have been real bad news.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help needed (urgent)