HELP AGAIN!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 01:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP AGAIN!!!!!

Okay so i have to change my spark plugs, on my 05 repsol, i take everything off but the ram air is in the way. So i can't get to the spark plugs. And ALL of the screws are out. Then I had a bunch of people, that ride, trying to figure out how to take it out but the only answer from them is, "what the hell i'd just cut holes in it." I'd rather not, so if anyone knows what i'm supposed to do I would apreciate it.

Old 08-14-2006, 09:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HELP AGAIN!!!!!

I've changed my plugs (pain in the ***!!!)
I started off doing the flapper mod and when I realized the ram air duct went over the spark plugs, I decided to change the plugs as long as I was at it.
So the moral of the story? Do the flapper mod if you haven't already done this...
But in order to change the plugs, you'll have to drop the radiator enough to get the ram air to slide forward....thus allowing space to get to the spark plugs.
You should probably also buy radiator fluid, cause you'll need to disconnect the upper hose. (Just a head's up on that one...)

Anyways, I hope this helps and if I haven't been thorough enough in my explanation, feel free to email me or reply to MY reply and I can hook you up further.
Oh, and good luck.

Old 08-15-2006, 06:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its me again!! i was thinking about what i said last night and there might be an easyer way for you. the ram air tube splits in half you can get to the screws from the front of the bike(2screws 1 on the left 1 on right). i had to take the ram air out for what i was doing thus dropping the radiator. SORRY hope this helps

Old 08-15-2006, 03:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks man