Helmet lock?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 11:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Helmet lock?

I have one on my 1K but there are only the hooks in the center of the seat. I use the rear footpeg bracket, my middle hook, and my rear blinker on both sides for all 6 hooks.
If that is the problem, get a backpack that fits the helmet or a soft tail bag that fits the helmet. There are plenty out there. Or find a way to strap the stock helmet hook on across both front seat posts but have the black rubber piece above the seat. Or get your self some type of chain or bungee and hook it through the helmet then hook both ends under the seat and snap the seat down on the bungee. Be creative.

Old 09-19-2007, 11:45 AM

Hi fellow florida rider.

You have the right to post any question you want, it is up to other members to respond in whatever manner they feel. Don't take it personal. It's a forum I find it very informative but also very entertaining. I am sureI ask silly questions but hey I don't care if the forum rags onme, I have learnt a lotover thelast 8 months on cbrforum.com.

Personally I do not ride without a helmet ...ever, I am able to focus and able to concentrate more without the wind, noise, bugs in my face and also debris from the road etc. By the way I find the helmet lock works well but then I only use it when i park the bike. This is a great forum and there is room for all of us.

Old 09-19-2007, 03:44 PM

I also live in Georgia and please if i ever see you I will personally flatten your tires just to keep you and everyone else safe on the road ......im not trying to be an ARS but you my friend are one of the most arrogant people that has ever written anything in this forum you dont deserve to even own a bike thats just my 2 cents

Old 09-19-2007, 07:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cool tom c. i knew taking that turn signal was gonna be a mistake. thanx.

and weez wasn't talking to me right? im sorry...

Old 09-19-2007, 08:52 PM

ORIGINAL: TheX

ORIGINAL: sixshooter989

I worked as an E.M.T for 8 yrs,and have ran hundreds of bike wrecks,and if you think a helmet is going to save your butt at 60 or 70 mph your sadly mistaking.
You are incorrect
you however are 100% correct

i have watched many track crashes. most at 100+ everyone of them got up and walked off and every one of them had rash on their helmet. if they hadnt been wearing it where what would have hit the pavement instead.

tell me that they dont owe their *** to that helmet.
i watched my buddy wreck his rc51 on the street at 40ish mph
he landed right on his head and slid
the only damage he sustained was where the leather wore through a dime shaped spot on his palm

as far as EMT stories, go check 1000rr.net and look up resusitateU. he is a current EMT. ask him about helmets

Old 09-20-2007, 03:49 AM

No bro i wasnt talking to you i was directing that all to the empty headed crash test dummy that started this thread

Old 09-20-2007, 10:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we cool weez

Old 09-20-2007, 02:22 PM

pure entertainment.

Old 10-11-2007, 09:19 PM

I am a Fire/medic In Orlando and unlike the person claming to be an EMT on this post, I do believe that helmets save lives. It is a proven fact! The leading cause of death in motorcycle crash is head trauma. So why wouldnt you wear a helmet?

Orlando has a busy bike night every Thursday night and the hang outs are in my first due, so I have seen many wrecks from BLS calls to deaths involving MCC's. Also since Im not on shift today I was out at the local spot were the majority of the 300 + riders were wearing helmets.

Here is some good reading from the on the topic, statting that helmets increase your life 37% when in an accident.
http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/Pubs/809861.PDF

Old 10-12-2007, 09:21 AM

how about keeping it on your head. do you want to be safe or look "cool"?

Quick Reply: Helmet lock?