Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum..

Old 02-26-2009, 05:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum..

Hi My name is Kiwini, I've a 04 CBR 1000 RR. I've owned a 600 rr and a GSXR 750 previously. I got this bike with a bit of baggage attached... and was wondering if any of you had any experience dealing and overcomming the problems I'm currently in.
My brother died on his 600 rr and left this wrecked 1000 to me. I no title for the bike in his name.... how do I get a title, regrestration, and a new plate all in my name... I talked or should I say I tried to talk to the DMV and of course they want an appointment... so I thought if I could get a little direction to help me figure this all out I'd appricate it.

Kiwini

Old 02-26-2009, 09:45 PM

welcome...........this is a nice site with lots of good information. I dont post much, but always here looking at topics.

Old 02-26-2009, 11:34 PM
Default I'm not a lawyer so take this FWIW

First, sorry for the loss of your brother, that must be tough.

As for getting the bike turned over to you I think you're going to need a lot of paperwork so start gathering any and everything that shows he owned the bike. You're almost certainly going to need a death certificate, probably a certified one. You will need something showing you are entitled to it after his death and the executor of his estate should be able to give you whatever you need.

But remember, this is the DMV and if there is a more abusive public service I haven't found it. This will take two trips. They should have a list of what you need - get it in writing from them or when you come back you're almost surely going to find that the next person you talk to wants something else. Get every single thing they want, the way they want it before you come back.

Good Luck.