heat shield on or out?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 11:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heat shield on or out?

im waitin for my two brothers slip on to come in for my cbr1000.
Can I remove the heat shield from the bike or its better to leave
it so I dont burn the chiks rost beef?

Old 03-17-2006, 12:24 AM
Default RE: heat shield on or out?

If you leave it on it will stick out and looks kind of odd. You can cut it down and cut out a piece in the center and it will then fit perfectly. All you need is a dremel or some cutting tools. Although I did not use it on my bike and I installed the Jardine Race Slip-on. My chick rides and no complaints about getting her ***** burnt. Only complaint is the seat sucks for her. Thats why I am going to get her, her own bike so I do not hear the bitching....plus thank god for full face helmets so you can't hear it either.

Old 03-17-2006, 01:28 AM

+1 for full face helmet and wind

Old 03-17-2006, 03:44 AM

Heat shields are gay sauce................take that **** off

Old 03-17-2006, 06:49 AM

Yeah Take it off, i Did my *** hasn`t roasted yet. You`ll be fine

Old 03-17-2006, 01:10 PM

Never heard rossi complain bowt his *** bein too warm when he rode for the big "H" so thats plenty enuf for me!!!

Old 03-17-2006, 02:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I respect everyone’s opinion but my thinking is if the Honda design engineers thought it important enough to research and develop the heat shields and Honda having to pay the extra expense of making them then the cost for the extra step for line workers to install them there must be a good reason for the heat shields to be there in the first place.

As far as comparing our bikes to Rossi’s GP, or WSB/AMA race bikes for that matter, those type bikes don’t wait in traffic for minutes at a time or cruise the local hot spot at 5 MPH like our bikes some times do. They have 100MPH winds rushing over those bikes most of the time.

Bottom line, I chose to trim back the heat shield that mounts over my Micron. Ended up looking so good it looks factory.

Old 03-17-2006, 03:07 PM

ORIGINAL: 05Tribal

Honda design engineers thought it important enough to research and develop the heat shields and Honda having to pay the extra expense of making them then the cost for the extra step for line workers to install them there must be a good reason for the heat shields to be there in the first place.
They designed it for the stock exhaust , aftermarket doesnt build as much heat as the stock unit.

Toss it [8D]

Old 03-18-2006, 12:48 PM

ORIGINAL: MgA_ODEN

They designed it for the stock exhaust , aftermarket doesnt build as much heat as the stock unit.

Toss it [8D]

+1, toss it.....My Yosh runs ALLOT cooler....if you pop for C/F it will be even cooler yet....Mine came with a piece of adhesive aluminum-Foil that sticks to the undertail above the pipe...

Old 03-20-2006, 03:33 AM

+1, toss it.....My Yosh runs ALLOT cooler....if you pop for C/F it will be even cooler yet....Mine came with a piece of adhesive aluminum-Foil that sticks to the undertail above the pipe...
[/quote]

I agree with most of the others; WolfPack is correct about the carbon fibre. There is a tonne of **** that the Big H engineers HAD to put on this bike that was not of their own choosing. That shield is built for the 'lowest common denominator', toss it; and the stupid aluminum one on the right side, too. My Leo Vince Factory c/f is cooler sans the Al shielding.

Besides, you'll lose the weight of a circus midget pitching the OEM zorst and all the sundry merde that goes with it. It's a bloody boat anchor!

Cheers

Quick Reply: heat shield on or out?