Head lights

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 05:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head lights

What do most of you do ride highbeams on all the time? All the time at night? Or only when no oncoming trafffic? Thanks

Old 09-21-2007, 06:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Head lights

whenever i need it. but i dont ride them just to ride them. thas me.

Old 09-21-2007, 07:15 PM

i ride with brights on (i aimed it down a bit) all the time.. day or night.... 1 outta 400 cars will flash thier lights at me, but i figure they probably think im a car missing with a light out.... oh well at least they seen me...

Old 09-21-2007, 07:42 PM

I normally have mine on during the daytime so that traffic might be able to see me better, but at night I only use them when I need them. I've seen guys replace one bulb with a yellow one and it really stands out. Not sure how much light the put out though.

Old 09-22-2007, 08:25 AM

Ive had my 06'thou now for over 8months and from day one I aimed my highs lower and had them on 24/7 when ridding....but I found that at night there have been countless number off times that I wish I had a proper High beam(properly adjusted that is)...

So Ive searched high and low and everyones seems to be in the same boat...
1. aim high beam lower and run it 24/7
2. Do a HID conversion....mixed reports but 8 out of 10 are happy
3. This is what I have just done but am yet to put on the bike...its a module that allows you to have your high beam at the correct height but the module will cut the power to the high beam bulb to half and when you hit your high switch it will allow your high beam bulb to have full power....so basically the module is a resister that halfs the power for normal lights and when you press high beam she will be on full power...this way both lights are always on and it shouldnt blind on comming traffic during the day or night....

I just got the module and have yet to put it on my bike. but I will be taking photos and doing a full report on it as soon as I get time to install it and will post results. but from what i have seen and heard it is pretty good for those that dont like the HID route and want both lights on and STILL have a Proper High beam...

Old 09-22-2007, 04:16 PM

I ride wit my highs on ALL the time. I dont care if cars flash me! Id rather them see me and flash me than not see me at all!!

Old 09-22-2007, 06:44 PM

Hey DrDrft where did you purchase your module? what brand? thanx.

and to everyone else i was just wondering how you know if cars dont see you with 1 headlight? i mean i notice the smallests lights when im driving my car. i mean is it a regional thing to maybe an area in the US where there is thick fog? is this like a comfort thing or something? just wondering, because its totally different if you cant see the road, then i understand if you ride highs. im in california so thats just why im asking because the road conditions stay pretty clears for me to ride just my reg lights. thanx again.

Old 09-22-2007, 06:55 PM

Day time I ride with my high beams on all the time. at night I will run on high beam until on coming traffic gets close, I turn off high beams much latter than I would if I were in my car.

Old 09-22-2007, 07:01 PM

Yellow lights are not DOT legal for normal use in headlights. They are only legal in fog lights.

On my Kawasaki I used the high beams all the time during the day and at night only when no oncoming traffic. No body ever flicked their high beams at me during the day to complain.

With my early on I switched to using my low beam during the day and high beams only when there isn't oncoming traffic.
This way I don'tuse as much juice for the low beam and my battery recharges easier. Hopefully this will help the stator.

Old 09-23-2007, 01:55 AM
Retired Moderator

I have HID's, and ride with my highbeam on during the daytime. My low is aimed a little higher than stock for the headlights to reach out a little further at night. The HID's make you blindingly bright at night to other cars, so the low is more than enough to see you. I rode around with my highbeam on once, and just about every car up the street flashed me at the same time.

Quick Reply: Head lights