having problems with my 1krr

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 03:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default having problems with my 1krr

when i'm about to go into a turn and i need to scrub a lil speed off and i'm leaned over just a lil bit....when i brake the bars shake bad...it really not cool and its never happend to me on my gsxr 750...has ne one else had this problem....???

could it be the stock tires slipping?

its a brand new bike so it can't be the rotors....i've not taken the front wheel off yet from the dealership....so wtf could this be?

its really annoying cuz its not like i'm braking hard or nething...this hasn't even happend to me at the track when trailbraking so i'm really confused....

Old 11-26-2007, 08:52 PM
Default RE: having problems with my 1krr

probably HESD
it is speed related
the faster you go the harder you have to fight the bar to turn

although the stock tires on a 1000rr arent that great

you arent running oem tire pressure on the track are you

Old 11-27-2007, 01:11 AM

Interesting you should mention this...Just the other day I had to jump all over the brakes while at amoderate lean angle because some @sswipe pulled out in front of me and I had nowhere to go. I didn't jab the brakes by any means, but just enough so I wouldn't lose more speed than was necessary to keep the bike from lowsiding and to keep from coliding with said @sswipe.
My front end got very violent with headshake and I'm also contributing some of it to the front wheel periodically locking and sliding then getting traction and rolling again - repeatedly a few times causing the clipons to yank back and forth. I'm also going to say that the suspension up front really loaded hard from all the weight transfer. I got so pissed that I had to pull over for a while and was shaking so bad from that close one.
I've also never had this happen on track, even with mild trail braking. I know you said you're just scrubbing some speed, which is a little different than my scenario, but your suspension may be loading too much causing too much weight up front. It could also be that while on track your tire temps are a lot higher than on street. Could just be losing some grip.

Old 11-27-2007, 01:07 PM

ORIGINAL: dwhite645

Interesting you should mention this...Just the other day I had to jump all over the brakes while at amoderate lean angle because some @sswipe pulled out in front of me and I had nowhere to go. I didn't jab the brakes by any means, but just enough so I wouldn't lose more speed than was necessary to keep the bike from lowsiding and to keep from coliding with said @sswipe.
My front end got very violent with headshake and I'm also contributing some of it to the front wheel periodically locking and sliding then getting traction and rolling again - repeatedly a few times causing the clipons to yank back and forth. I'm also going to say that the suspension up front really loaded hard from all the weight transfer. I got so pissed that I had to pull over for a while and was shaking so bad from that close one.
I've also never had this happen on track, even with mild trail braking. I know you said you're just scrubbing some speed, which is a little different than my scenario, but your suspension may be loading too much causing too much weight up front. It could also be that while on track your tire temps are a lot higher than on street. Could just be losing some grip.

thats the same thing i'm talkin about....its f'n driving me nuts....

and about the suspension....i've loaded the front end of my gixxer way harder goin into a turn that what i've done on the cbr and never had this happen....another thing i've heard is that the electronic steering dampner when short shifting can cause problems....

i dont' know

Old 11-27-2007, 01:17 PM

ne body else have ne suggestions....

so far american honda and fun bike center in ca say its gotta be a front tire issue.....

Old 11-27-2007, 01:35 PM

ORIGINAL: TWISTED METAL

ne body else have ne suggestions....

so far american honda and fun bike center in ca say its gotta be a front tire issue.....
if its a used bike, have a shop tear the forks down, they may be bent........my last bike, an r6 did that, and I eventually broke down and took it in, and they said the forks were slightly bent, not enough to where it would be unsafe to ride, but enough to annoy the hell outa me..........so yeah.....take what you want from that.......needless to say, i no longer have that bike, i bought a honda.....

Old 11-27-2007, 01:46 PM

remember the front end on a 1000rr is sprung for about 150lbs
a lot of weight xferring forward will upset that light of a spring

Old 11-27-2007, 02:36 PM

some one on another board says it could be head bearings....??

is this a possibility?

Old 11-27-2007, 05:20 PM

is this a possibility?
I kind of doubt it. If it was an 20 year old beater bike, maybe, but not what you've got. Put it on a front stand and see if it's nice and smooth just to be sure. Maybe check the torque of the headstock too, but I doubt that's the problem.
I'm still thinking it's tire or suspension related.
Baxom's also right about the springs, they do need upgrading for track or hard riding. I plan on doing that soon as well.

Old 11-27-2007, 05:27 PM

is this a possibility?
hoist it by the triples so that the bars move back and forth
secure the front wheel so it cant move then try to move the clip ons
if you get any clicking in the steering stem or movement at all then your steering bearings are bad

Quick Reply: having problems with my 1krr