Harley VROD

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 07:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harley VROD

A buddy of mine has a harley vrod 2005 and he told me last night that the stock vrod would run zero to 60 in 2.9 secs....is this true....i find that very hard to beleive, considering that is right up there with my 1k times

Old 12-01-2006, 08:37 PM
Default RE: Harley VROD

The only thing that is in the Vrods favor is the weight and long wheelbase !!that will translate in the front tire staying down and hittin it wide open!! Cbr1000rr on the other hand lighter and short wheel base hit that sukka outta the hole what happens ?? Yep front end to the sky!! thats my 2 cents!!

Old 12-01-2006, 10:22 PM

V-rods are pretty quick. I think they'll do the quarter in a little over 11 seconds.

Old 12-02-2006, 11:01 AM

i dont know if any of u all seen that episode on pinks where a guy put up his vrod against an old ars suki and got toasted pretty good.

Old 12-02-2006, 11:11 AM

was watching discovery channel's, seven wonders of motorcycles the other day, and they did say the vrod stock would
run something like that. I remember, because I thought the exact same thing... a harley is turn the same numbers
as a CBR?!!!

Old 12-02-2006, 12:36 PM

Thats exactly where he said he saw it too....thats hard to beleive, consider everytime we go riding and i snap the throttle at about 20 mph, he is nowhere to be found

Old 12-02-2006, 01:02 PM

he aint gonna keep up to much. its kinda like the busa in a sense that its got alot of power but it aint gonna b able to turn as well as we can. in fact i was ridin for bout 1/2 kinda playin tag wit a guy on a busa last night and he had me pretty good till we got on the off ramp. if i knew how to drag a knee i woulda lost his ***, but even tho i couldnt drag one he was still a bit behind

Old 12-03-2006, 04:20 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't like Harley's, or their riders. Most of the Harley guys I run into have a stuck up attitude toward sportbike riders. When filling up at the gas station, I always say what's up, but they just stare me down. I don't even know why I still bother. (but I have run into a couple of cool Harley riders every once and a great while).

That's crazy about the VROD being that fast, but all that power always going in a straight line must get boring after a while. I would miss the twisties. (and the track).

Old 12-03-2006, 03:42 PM

i called the harley dealership yesterday and talked to a guy and he told me that they made a vrod destroyer, that was NOT street legal, and he said even it would not turn those kind of times. So, the discovery channel needs to get their **** straight and quit boosting up these harley riders egos anymore than they already are.

Old 12-05-2006, 12:30 PM

ORIGINAL: NC CBR1K
So, the discovery channel needs to get their **** straight and quit boosting up these harley riders egos anymore than they already are.

hahaha hell yeah thats true i work with a die hard harley fanatic and he is always talkin mad s**t about his 883 sporster being "just as fast as my bike" i just laughed him off so hard tohat i alost couldnt breathe.... and on that same note i pass him on the highway about 15 over the speed limit and he almost had a heart attack when he flipped out on me when he got to work seeing as ho wim a danger to all those who ride around me lol. turns out he has only been riding for like 4 months lol. i still laugh everytime i see him get on his bike!

Quick Reply: Harley VROD