Frame Sliders

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 03:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frame Sliders

Has anyone installed Frame Sliders on their 06 yet? If so how and where did you do it/attach them?

Old 05-05-2006, 12:20 PM
Default RE: Frame Sliders

I have installed shogun frame sliders on my beast. This are the no drill kind. I went with this ones since the brackets are not too long. I went with this one since I am not yet ready to drill on my fairings yet. They mount on the middle engine mount bolts. Here is the website I ordered them from.

http://www.hyperformanceparts.com/ca...ducts_id=18763

It took me aorund 45 minutes to installed. They also sell the drill thru the fairing kinds. It is just a matter of preference.

I will post some pictures later.

Old 05-05-2006, 05:36 PM

Those dont look to bad. Do you know if LSL makes them for the 06?

Old 05-05-2006, 05:51 PM

don't do the no-drill sliders, stick with vortex or something similar

no cut ones usually do more damage than they prevent, at least on most other bikes
i'd rather not use frame sliders at all than use the no-cut ones

Old 05-05-2006, 05:54 PM

I have heard bad stories about the no-cut frame sliders as well. I heard your probably better off with no sliders at all.

ORIGINAL: woodyracing

don't do the no-drill sliders, stick with vortex or something similar

no cut ones usually do more damage than they prevent, at least on most other bikes
i'd rather not use frame sliders at all than use the no-cut ones

Old 05-05-2006, 06:50 PM

really. My friend uses LSLs and there no cut. Granted its on a 04 R6. But he went down pretty hard offa wheelie and the sliders took all the impact, not upper, mid fairing damage at all. Only lower, and even there is was slight.

Old 05-05-2006, 07:25 PM

Check out this guy's site. He is a true 1000RR reverend and knows his stuff.

Hooligan Bike Tech

Here's an excerpt from his section regarding installing Shogun No Cut's:

"After reading several reports of the Shogun Sliders bending in low speed incidents or tip overs I removed them and installed a set of Vortex Cut Type Sliders. Below are pictures of what happened when a stationary bike fell over with these sliders attached. Notice the damaged water elbow. To replace this part requires dropping the motor and is billed as an 18 hour job at the dealer."

I'll take this guys word for it. If I install sliders on my 1000RR I'm going to cut the fairing. It worked great on my F4i.

Old 05-06-2006, 12:17 PM

Hey guys, you are making me think again about those shogun frame sliders I installed in my bike. I do not do crazy stuff on my bike, but what are some of the bad things you heard about the no drill frame sliders.

Old 05-06-2006, 12:47 PM

Basically the word is that because of the way they're positioned of center from the mounting bolt they have a tendency to snap off or bend into engine components when they take a hit. General perception is that a center mount frame slider (that requires cutting) provides better protection. However, some people are pretty leary about cutting the fairings.

I cut the fairings on my F4i when I installed some Vortex. It really wasn't that big of a deal as long as you take your time and measure everything five times. However, engine bolt to where the sliders are installed on an '06 1000RR is right on the edge of the fairing, meaning you'll be drilling into the edge of the plastic. This would be alot more difficult than drilling a solid hole right in the middle of a piece of plastic. I'm interested to see how it looks before I try myself.

Has anyone got any good pics of cut-through sliders on an '06 1000RR????

Old 05-28-2006, 11:25 AM

After all has been said and done I've decided go with the Vortex "Cut" frame sliders. But, I am having a professional install. I don't want to be the one to screw up my fairings. It's gonna cost a little more because of labor but I know it'll be done right. Thanks all.

J-

Quick Reply: Frame Sliders