Finally

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 12:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally

Just wanted to say bye to everyone..i finally sold my 06 1krr last week...i was so glad to get rid of it...i just bought a new 08 gixxer 1000 and damn..that sob will run the **** out of my 06 1krr.....anyways..thanks for all the help guys

Old 02-03-2008, 12:28 PM
Default RE: Finally

and the '08 CBR1000 will "run the ****" out that '08 gixxer of yours.
ORIGINAL: NC CBR1K

Just wanted to say bye to everyone..i finally sold my 06 1krr last week...i was so glad to get rid of it...i just bought a new 08 gixxer 1000 and damn..that sob will run the **** out of my 06 1krr.....anyways..thanks for all the help guys

Old 02-03-2008, 12:51 PM

ORIGINAL: NC CBR1K

That is so 'off the wall' that I am still waiting for the punch-line.

I have two friends buy the gixxer 1k's and one of them is now looking to buy a cbr1000rr. I, for one, am very happy with my CBR. I rode the Gixxer and found it to be very light and nimble, but uncomfortable and soft (suspension). To each thier own, i guess. I will stick with Honda

I am happy for you NC CBR1K - enjoy the bike and be safe.

Old 02-03-2008, 02:08 PM

anytime ya wanna meet at vir-ill show ya what this cbr will do to that gixxer,it'll prove it wasn't the bike but mearly the rider

Old 02-03-2008, 03:54 PM

i can see it now- his post on gixxer forums is...
"i'm getting bored with my gsxr 1000"

Old 02-03-2008, 09:46 PM

ORIGINAL: skical

Don't bet on that.

Old 02-03-2008, 09:59 PM

I will! Thx
ORIGINAL: SD2007

ORIGINAL: skical

Don't bet on that.

Old 02-03-2008, 11:11 PM

The simple matter of fact is that it depnds on the skills of the rider (see comment by openclasspro).

Somehow, I don't think that a guy who has to ask how to burn out and whats the fastest you can go in second gear to do a wheelie (see his past posts) is anywhere near the full potiential of ANY 1000cc bike.

Even in the shootouts (take Roadracing World, for example), all of the racers perform differently on the different bikes. There was no one bike that always had the fastest time for every rider. People put too much stock into who these shootouts say is best. These are STOCK bikes- simple aftermarket modifications can change a lot of the performance behavior. Besides, I am willing to bet that the majority of people on this forum don't even take thier bike to the track; therefore, never reaching full potiential.

The real question is which rider is better- not which bike. Unfortunately, I know that the majority of the population will not catch on to this fact. Heck, it took me a while...

Old 02-04-2008, 12:07 AM

That's a very good point. And you are correct. The rider is the key.

ORIGINAL: Onarom

The simple matter of fact is that it depnds on the skills of the rider (see comment by openclasspro).

Somehow, I don't think that a guy who has to ask how to burn out and whats the fastest you can go in second gear to do a wheelie (see his past posts) is anywhere near the full potiential of ANY 1000cc bike.

Even in the shootouts (take Roadracing World, for example), all of the racers perform differently on the different bikes. There was no one bike that always had the fastest time for every rider. People put too much stock into who these shootouts say is best. These are STOCK bikes- simple aftermarket modifications can change a lot of the performance behavior. Besides, I am willing to bet that the majority of people on this forum don't even take thier bike to the track; therefore, never reaching full potiential.

The real question is which rider is better- not which bike. Unfortunately, I know that the majority of the population will not catch on to this fact. Heck, it took me a while...

Old 02-04-2008, 11:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would go one step further and say it's not just the rider and it's not just the bike. It is the rider's connection with the bike that makes the difference. Here is my example when leaned over and just starting to exit the corner when I apply the throttle i can feel when I am giving just enough power to make the rear tire start to slip. I can keep it just below that slipping point untill i start to stand the bike upright and can give it more throttle. Now some would say that is pure rider skill, but I have ridden an 03 GSX-R 1000 and the bike didn't talk to me the same way. My skills didn't change when I got my CBR 1000, my relationship with my bike changed.So to each, his own.....but I'm sold on my CBR.

Quick Reply: Finally