fender eliminator kit BLINKERS

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 10:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fender eliminator kit BLINKERS

hey guys i am installing the CW elim kit and i'm almost done. license plate light is working fine but i hooked up all wires and now my blinkers don't work. the blinkers dont even flash on my dashboard. did i blow a fuse and if so where is it located. thanks guys.

Old 06-02-2006, 07:46 PM
Default RE: fender eliminator kit BLINKERS

I am installing my fender elim kit this weekend. Last weekend I installed the clear alternatives rear light with intergraded turn signals. They came with two resisters that are supposed to go inline with the turn signal wires. The place I bought them said that the LED lights don't pull enough current, so the signal switch doesn't recognize there is anything there. The resistors help build up energy to force your turn signal switch to recognize the LED lights. I haven't hooked up the turn signals on the tail light yet, because I was waiting until I get the Fender Elim that has LED signals also, so I'm going to join both turn signal wires (Fender Eliminator & Integrated Rear Light signal wire) inline with the resisters that came with the clear alternatives rear light.

I'm also installing flush mounts LED signals this weekend. I hope they work okay.

Hope this helped.

Old 06-02-2006, 08:16 PM

Ha Ha..must be the weekend for Fe's and Flushmounts as i am installing my CW eleminator and proton flush mounts this weekend as well....although i have the CA integrated tailight and will not be using the blinkers that come with the CW eleminator...

Old 06-03-2006, 10:36 AM

got it. after 2 blown blinker fuses and a wire swap it works!

Old 07-28-2008, 05:50 AM

I just bought a pair of flushmount front turnsignals but had to return them because the wires didn't work. The harness on the 1000RR has three wires and the ones I bought only have two wires...so the lights wouldnt work, and became extremely hot when plugged in. Yeah...not a good thing.

With the proton lights, I know that you have to cut the wires and put on their wiring harness...but does the wiring match up? I don't want to cut the factory wires for my lights only to have an issue with them not working.

I've got an 07 1KRR. Don't mind spending the $100 for the lights, I just want to make sure I'm not going to have an issue with them not working or overheating a blowing a fuse. Thanks guys!

Old 07-28-2008, 05:42 PM

The third wire, the one with the stripe, is not used with the flush mount blinkers. That is for the running lights with the factory setup. You should probably read the instructions before.........never mind, you should probably pay someone to do it right.

Old 07-29-2008, 06:55 AM

ORIGINAL: wellarmedCr@cker

The third wire, the one with the stripe, is not used with the flush mount blinkers. That is for the running lights with the factory setup. You should probably read the instructions before.........never mind, you should probably pay someone to do it right.
Hmm...funny...I read the instructions. Thanks though for your insight. As a matter of fact, I'll go back tomorrow and take a picture of the instructions and post them on here so you can see them. Thanks for the help..........nevermind, you didn't give me any.

Old 07-29-2008, 05:06 PM

ORIGINAL: sinnerforgivn

ORIGINAL: wellarmedCr@cker

Hmm...funny...I read the instructions. Thanks though for your insight. As a matter of fact, I'll go back tomorrow and take a picture of the instructions and post them on here so you can see them. Thanks for the help..........nevermind, you didn't give me any.
Dude, I just installed flush mount blinkers on my 07 last weekend, no probs. The third wire is not used. Maybe you got some ones with the running lights, but that's news to me. Love to see the directions though.

Old 07-29-2008, 10:03 PM
Registered Users

I have the same setup on my bike. Protons and the CW eliminator. Why don't you guys just buy the flasher relay insteed of screwing with inline resistors? That's how I did mine and it works great. Couldn't be any easier.

Old 08-01-2008, 02:55 AM

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...flushmount.jpg

The page that I uploaded the directions to...notice the wonderful directions.

Quick Reply: fender eliminator kit BLINKERS