Down she goes

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 07:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Down she goes

So I had laid down to take a nap this afternoon when the doorbell rings, and it s my neighbor wanting to speak to me. Anyways so he tells me he was backing his car up, and had bent over to pick something up thinking the break was on and thats right [sm=noooo.gif]he hits the bike and over she goes. Clutch lever broken, front fairing scratched, upper fairing cracked, left lower scratched, rear cowl cracked, rear set bent, radiator scratched, end lever scratched to alll hell, and foot peg damaged[sm=boohoo.gif]. He had said he would pay for damages, so that he could avoid insurance cost, but once I told him how much the fairing would be and some research on his part he was like [sm=jawdrop.gif]. So I took to shop called insurance Co. his ofcourse, and its now in their hands. I just hope its ready for bike week or i will be pissed. A lot of money being spent to go to daytona from Cali. Any thoughts

Old 01-18-2008, 09:35 PM
Default RE: Down she goes

That sucks bro! Were you parked behind him?

Old 01-19-2008, 12:22 AM

That blows. I knew he wouldn't want to pay outta pocket for all that stuff. People don't realize how screwed we are if we damage our plastics. Hope everything works out for ya as far as the repairs go. Good luck

Old 01-19-2008, 08:40 AM

Atleast he had the ***** to knock on your door and tell you. Someone scratched the hell out of my truck last summer with their car. I so wish I could have walked out and seen them try and drive off, I would have killed them!

Old 01-19-2008, 09:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old lady across the street backed into our convertible. - Hit the perfect sweet spot right behind the drivers wheel, in front of the door where there is little backing on the fender - she didn't even feel it, and it left none of her paint marks on our car (Though her car had plenty of scuffs from parking by feel in the past.) - What could I do - Don't really want to go ballistic over it, but it doesn't take much to do $1000 of damage, and we just don't file insurance claims... - Figure the rate increase will more than pay for the added out of pocket cost...

Dent's still there, I'm still pissed (10 years later) - Should've just ponied up the cash back then and gotten it fixed - I'm sure I would have forgotten about it by now.

Appreciate your honest neighbor. - Good luck getting things back in one piece by Bike Week.

Old 01-19-2008, 10:01 AM

At least he took responsibility for his actions. GL.

Old 01-19-2008, 11:13 AM

Never park your bike on a street if you don't have too. For idiots and reasons just like that.Good luck getting it fixed.

Old 01-19-2008, 02:19 PM

I leave it there because my 5 yr old likes to ride when i put it in garage. The thing is I dont know why he was in reverse, no one was parked in front of him. IDIOT.....Wife made the comment "bet you don't leave it in front anymore" Damn right I wont.......

Old 01-19-2008, 02:32 PM

Sorry to hear this rmtccrib! .. But thank him for being honest. Few and Far between. Accidents do happen, unfortunately more often around the less aware [&:].

Goodluck with the repairs and safe riding on your trip. Take a lot of breaks and pictures. 2.5 weeks ago it was 47 degrees in MaimiFL, so just be aware of that and pack accordingly.

Old 01-19-2008, 04:50 PM

Well hope you can make it to bike week. I will be there along with other people from this area. So hope it all goes well and you make it here.