Dealer Stealer question...

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 02:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dealer Stealer question...

southern honda has them for $9,933, but who knows how much they try to tack on to that?

Here is the link to the info that told me the invoice, which I'm not sure is right now:
http://www.1000rr.net/forums/showthr...871&page=9

Old 07-01-2008, 12:49 AM

Southern Honda's price is OTD. Write a check for 9,933, bring it with you, and the bike is yours. The idea is that you'll have to pay your tax, tag, and title when you get back to your state. The nice thing about them is that they don't charge any kind of servicing fee or setup and freight fee's. I worked at Dealership for about two years until recently, and I can say that they're prices are really close to dealer invoice. FYI, holdbacks and incentives don't drop the invoice price, it's just the equivalent of Honda giving you $300 towards your bike. Hope that helps. Oh, and it'll help to focus on only the bike. Many people try and get cost on a bike and then expect a free helmet or something. That's just not logical. If you get a bike at cost, give your salesman a $50 dollar handshake, cus he's not gonna make ****.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:48 AM

Well it looks as though we have diseminated all info we can regarding a new Honda purchase. Great info !
I plan on using all of it and will let you guys know what happens. Should be sometime this week I guess.
I wonder how far off NADA they will go if I consider trading in my 06 M109? Nada looks to be- Low retail 7980.00 to 10427.00 average retail. Looking at CycleTrader they seem to average around 9500 to 11K.
If I could get 8k I would probably go for it. Otherwise its craigs list and cycletrader for me.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:37 AM

Here's the thing when it comes to trades. The dealership might consider the deal a success if one of two things happens. Say you get cost on the new bike, but they don't give you much at all for yours. That way when yours sells they make bank. Or give you a lot for yours but charge a lot for the new bike. Very rarely will you get the best of both worlds. Gotta remember it's a business.

Old 07-01-2008, 12:56 PM

Yep totally understand they aren't running a not for profit business. Guess the question is where do they feel a transaction is a success? If they made after my trade sold, 1000.00 total, is that good for them? or does it really lie Much higher...
I wish they'd just tell me the bottom line right out of the gate instead of jerking me up and down trying to finagle every last dime out of me.
Ya Know? For example" Dealer- We have 9800.00 in the bike. Add the salesmans bottom line, the Stores bottom line and you come out to 10432.00 We plan to sell your trade at 9999.00 so this is where we are to make this transaction fly.

Instead they lie or at least B.s. and streach sh*t to rook me out of more money.

Ah I know this is the game....I just suck at it. lol...

Old 07-01-2008, 01:21 PM

I've seen some used bike's make the dealership like 5k profit. A new sportbike at full retail usually only makes the dealership like $1500. When I sold bikes I focused on used, because I made a lot more. The dealer is gonna try and give you what he wants to be into your bike for. If you stay reasonable about what you want for yours and what you want to pay for the new one, you can come out ahead. Best way to think of it is even if it's a ****ty deal for the dealer... It's still a bike out the door... And they love seeing bikes leave the floor

Old 07-01-2008, 04:12 PM

Update...lol
Just left dealership 1... After the merry go round game (thanked them, walked out got on bike.) They came to a final price of 3498.00 with my bike as trade. Looking at his screen it appeared the cbr was priced at 10898.00, or right in that ballpark.
7400 for my bike which is low but then I don't have to deal with bargan hunters and I am thinking that paying tax on the 3498.00 is a lot better than paying full sales tax on 11k.

Just put a call into dealer #2 gave him the numbers to chew. Soooo we'll see. ha.

Edit- I guess I must be doing ok because #2 just called and could only beat that by 46.00 and then they would have to order the rear cowl. PLUS they are on the other side of town.

Guess I am goin to go Team Red ! Woo Hoo!

Old 07-01-2008, 07:23 PM

I now am the proud owner of a new CBR1000RR !
I am pretty sure I did ok.... The way the numbers worked out were better than before. At the last minute Dealer 3 called when I was out the door a shaved another 200 off.
I called number 1 who was getting bike ready and said go ahead and do that deal.... I can't go any more. I split the difference at 100 since they had the bike ready. Rear cowling on the bike and they are only 15 minutes down the road

Old 07-02-2008, 12:12 AM

Congrats. You got a hell of a deal, you really did. For a new bike like the '08 RR, that price is very good.

Old 07-02-2008, 06:44 AM

Thanks thats really cool to hear...I think this thread and your help made a difference. I was able to talk w a lot more confidence. When the sales manager guy walked over..(actually was right at the beginning.) My sales guys said "this guy wants the CBR and really has done his homework."
Lol...Anyway maybe these posts might help someone else out.

Now good lord where to begin the Mods.... Taillight removal and exhaust ..Hmmmmmmmm !lol.

Quick Reply: Dealer Stealer question...