Custom paint shops

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 10:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom paint shops

Besides Colorzone where are some other high quality good paint shops here in Southern Ca/Orange county area. So far I was qouted 950 for one color at Colorzone. I had my other bike painted from them it turned out very nice. I like to try different things so I am seeing what others are out there.

Old 09-09-2006, 03:38 AM
Default RE: Custom paint shops

what?? $950 for a single color?? ish..ish..ish.. my paintjob[Fortuna] inclusive of fairing refibre repairs cost me only US$425(converted)

Old 09-09-2006, 03:41 PM

Damn must be nice to live across the pond.

Old 09-11-2006, 05:01 AM

yup..so come on over!! Must have the courage to try new waters..haha!!

Well initially..I tot the states is the place where you guys get to enjoy a whole lot cheaper services / parts / mods..well to some extend the 2nd hand parts are quite cheap..especially from the chop shop..

But what I realised later surprised me alot!! Here's some example of what it costs in Singapore!!...

Pirelli SuperCorsa Pro SC2 = US$350
Michelin Pilot Power Race = US$300
PC III Custom Map / Tune = US$44 - US$94 - US$156 (from cheapest to the avg to the most expensive)
Paintwork + Fairing repairs = US$425 (5 colors & repair works to 4 fairing components!!)

Old 09-12-2006, 01:29 AM

You blimie bastard!!! LOL just kidding. I have been over across the pond on many occasions. Thanks to the Marines sending me on deployments everywhere to include europe. I just send my body work over there to do you. I have been acquiring on getting my hands on some fireblade body panels. I think they make red/blue/white ones. I could be wrong though. I guess I will have to fork out some cash for my GOLD plated paint job.

Old 09-12-2006, 03:07 AM
Registered Users

Yeah...ever since Biker Boyz, CZ's prices have gone way up. The third bike, second column (eagle bike) belongs to my buddy Ken from Platinum Ryders. He's the guy checking out the custom 'Busa in the photo below. It was a pretty penny.

There are plenty of good quality shops in El A, but most are in South and East El A. The guy who paints our club bikes is on 135th and Normandie. Takes about two months, depending on what you want on your bike (designs, multi-colors, etc), and will run you about $2,500 for a show quality paint job. He painted the Mr. Peanut, Simply Green (green and black bike), The General (orange and white bike behind Simply Green), and Major Floss (green bike with orange flames on the left of photo). These photos were taken this weekend at a club picnic, but the pictures don't do the paint jobs justice. He's really good.

There's a guy in Gardena that charges $900 for a single color job. If you're interested. jimscyclepainting.com.

There are some shops in Marina del Rey that'll give you one coat for about $700 - $750; you just gotta look around...and remember...you get what you pay for.

Good luck!

Old 09-15-2006, 02:39 PM

Hey Steph
If you want to see some really great painting check out www.stevenunez.com
I met Steve at a bike show in NewYork; steve is going to paint the 3D tribal gas tank for us.

Old 09-15-2006, 03:58 PM

Any other places besided CZ and Biker Boyz here in SoCal??????? I think $950 is just stupid for one color. I mean come on thats just retarded. I can buy the paint, clear, and reducer myself for $120

Old 09-15-2006, 04:19 PM

Sweeeeeeeet! Nice air brushing. I can't put my finger on it, but for some reason I want sexy naked women painted on my bike too!!! LMAO!

Old 09-15-2006, 04:28 PM
Registered Users

Holy smack!!!! Damn...those are NICE paint jobs! I might have to show him some love. Thanks, Steve

Quick Reply: Custom paint shops