corbin or sargent seat

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 09:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default corbin or sargent seat

my friend is looking a more comfortable seat his 1000rr. whichseat do you guys think is the best? Corbin or Sargent.Also where is thebest place to buythem for a good price. thanks

Old 03-22-2008, 09:42 PM
Default RE: corbin or sargent seat

I can't speak for Sargent, but my Corbin Saddle has been a God Send. Went for a 453.3 mile journey to Daytona for the races a few weeks ago and my body was lil sore, but me ****, me **** felt like two Asian girls had been rubbing it the entire trip. And supposedly it doesnt break in til you've ridin it fer about 1500 miles. I can't imagine it being anymore comfortable. 1000's of combinations. Bought mine right from Corbin ( http://www.corbin.com/honda/h10rrf.shtml), took abbout a month to hit my door step as they fabricate them to order. One of my favorite bike purchases to date.

Old 03-22-2008, 11:17 PM
VP

I've had em both and I prefer the sargent

Old 03-23-2008, 12:33 AM

Definately Sargent.

[IMG]local://upfiles/849/37726C19EF284A9EAAAEBBDABF863410.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-23-2008, 12:37 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had both and I say it's a close call but by a butt hair I give the Corbin 2 cheeks up and the Sargent 1 1/2 cheeks.

Old 03-23-2008, 11:05 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

I have only tried the Sargent, and love it. I dont think you can go wrong either way though, you may just have to go with what you like the look of the best. Both will be quality seats im sure.

Old 03-24-2008, 01:02 PM

ORIGINAL: blizzneck

I can't speak for Sargent, but my Corbin Saddle has been a God Send. Went for a 453.3 mile journey to Daytona for the races a few weeks ago and my body was lil sore, but me ****, me **** felt like two Asian girls had been rubbing it the entire trip. And supposedly it doesnt break in til you've ridin it fer about 1500 miles. I can't imagine it being anymore comfortable. 1000's of combinations. Bought mine right from Corbin ( http://www.corbin.com/honda/h10rrf.shtml), took abbout a month to hit my door step as they fabricate them to order. One of my favorite bike purchases to date.
You just about have me sold...

I went out for about an hour the other day and tried out my new Grip Puppies http://www.casporttouring.com/store/.../grips/GPSMALL , and they did a great job of keeping my hands from going numb, but my *** was killing me!

Couple of questions though. Did you have to send in your OEM seat for them to modify, or did they send you a brand new seat? And what material design did you choose and why? Did you just guess which one would look good?

I just bought some new goods for the bike, but I may have to try to sneak this seat past the wife for a while...

Old 03-26-2008, 08:58 AM

Corbin and Sargent seats are shaped differently than the stock seat. They cradle both butt cheeks instead of sitting in the crack so to speak. Either way he will want to keep his original seat if he plans on using his bike on the track as these seats are made for long distance comfort and not for all out knee draggin.

I went with the Sargent seat because I heard that Corbin seats are as hard as the stock seat and the Sargent seat is much softer. It has a softer plastic seat pan so it flexes when you sit on it. The padding is feeling good on the Sargent. I was on a Corbin seat before and it felt like I was sitting on a board. Not comfortable at all and I would never make it to the 1400 or more miles that you need to break it in.

I haven't had a chance to trymy Sargent seatout yet on a really long ridebut will as soon as the biking season gets started up in Rome, NY. I will have to ride it from myhouse in Rome, NY to the Poconos (PA) where I now live. I dowant to put my Helibars on it first though.

Old 03-26-2008, 02:06 PM

hey thanks all for the good advise. he is deployed right now so when he gets back i will give him the info. where is the best place to buy the sargent seat. Blizzneck thanks for the link for corbin web site. veryhelpful

Old 03-26-2008, 02:51 PM

I called corbin direct since they are about a 1 hour drive from my house- but they said neither the florida nor califorina warehouses stock the 06 cbr 1000 seat-they're made when ordered which usually takes 30 days to make, kind of a dissapointment. But I have a question for the people with aftermarket seats, do they stop the engine vibrations that are transmitted through the seat with engine rpms?