COLD = POWer

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 09:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default COLD = POWer

in south Florida we just hit a low of 41 degrees. Me and four friends went out, a few other's bailed due to the the temp, and what a night. It really felt as if my bike ran better than it ever has.

I had a near full tank-o-gasand the front wheel was comming up in third gear. This is unusual for me cause i'm 6'02 220 lbs. The bike just seemed to be very happy with a crisp throttle response and power I didnt recognize all over the RPM's and in all the gears. It felt stupendous.

Who knows, maybe it was the new tank they replaced, muhahahhahahahhaha. Bike's temp read approx 175 fer most of the nite, oh what a nite. 8)

Old 01-04-2008, 09:14 PM
Default RE: COLD = POWer

colder air has more 02 per cm3
that is why they put intercoolers on turbo cars

also according to the shop that did both of my custom maps
hondas put down the most power right at 180 degrees on the temp gauge

Old 01-04-2008, 09:18 PM

Cold=power on a lot of cars. My bike likes the cool too.

Old 01-08-2008, 02:12 AM

My other bike my F2 feels invincible when it's cooler outside. I think I actually heard it snicker at a Busa sitting at a lightonce when it was in the 60's j/k

Old 01-08-2008, 02:42 AM

I also live in south florida i defiantely felt that extra punch you r talking about in the bike!!

Old 01-08-2008, 10:52 PM

I feel bad for you the 40s how did you ride in it. hehehehehe I am just missing with you I hate living in Chicago this time of year untill this weekend we have not see 30 in weeks. But yesterday it was 65 and you should have seen the bikes out.

Just remember cold weather = power but cold tires and numb fingers not a good combo.

Old 01-09-2008, 04:19 PM

ORIGINAL: richhowerton

Just remember cold weather = power but cold tires and numb fingers not a good combo.
thats funny cause a terd buglar I ride with dumped his bike on the way to the meeting spot. He keeps his bikes outdoors, so the tires were deff cold that nite. But, being that he just left his pad, I dont think his fingers had enough time to numb up. I propose this alternate equation

cold tires + numb brain = bad combo.

He drives like a nim-rod and got served. didn't get hurt, only bruised ego and some fairing damage + engine cover scuffage

Old 01-24-2008, 10:26 PM

I live south of Chicago and road mine about 2 weeks ago when it was15 degrees. The bike ran flawlessly after the hard start,and man what a power increase. I left work and passed a buddy at 140mph on the highway and powershifted into 6th gear. When thepower hit, my wheel went straight into the air. Man it scared the crap out of me, but thats what its about. Keep the rubber down.

Old 01-25-2008, 12:54 AM

ORIGINAL: PTownBrown

I live south of Chicago and road mine about 2 weeks ago when it was15 degrees. The bike ran flawlessly after the hard start,and man what a power increase. I left work and passed a buddy at 140mph on the highway and powershifted into 6th gear. When thepower hit, my wheel went straight into the air. Man it scared the crap out of me, but thats what its about. Keep the rubber down.
140 and the front wheel'z comming up, W O W. Reminds me of the turbo'd busa 499hp. I guess thats what -1+4 +15degree weather equates to.

I got the 520 -1+2 with the speado healer and my bikes new top out is 165 on the dot, curious as to what yours is with that large pizza back there

Old 01-25-2008, 06:32 AM

Like Baxsom said, it is all basic chemistry, Cold are is more dense than warmer air (thats why hot raise rises) it also createsmore pressure. Standard atmospehric pressure is about 14 lbs/square inch, but when the temperature drops pressure will increase a few lbs. therefore putting more O2 into your engine. more O2 same gas= better burn.Mother natures version of a supercharger. and no boost lag hahaha

P.S. Here in Maine 40 degrees is practicallyt-shirt weather,at this very momentwe are holdin at 8 degrees, my bike comes out the first 40 degree day.

Quick Reply: COLD = POWer