Clear Clutch Cover

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 10:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clear Clutch Cover

I was at the Dealer Expo this weekend in Indianapolis and I stoped by the 2 Wheel Tuner Booth and they had the Famous Stars and Straps Honda for boss man Travis Barker an 06 1000RR pimped out. I looked down at the clutch cover and it was see through..... It had a glass viewing window. I've never seen it before and they said its fairly common on Busa's especially at bike shows. Here is link of the article on the bike
http://www.2wtmag.com/mag/full_artic...ker&st=new

When I saw it I knew I had to get one. The only problem is WHERE....? They said that RIS Designs made it but their website is inaccessible and I don't know how to get i touch with them. The article goes further to say that you ca get one from http://www.cscbikes.com as well and it costs around $350. http://cscbikes.com/proddetail.php?p..._clutch_Clover

Has anyone ever seen this or had any experience with this clear clutch covers? Do they have problems? Are they easy to install?

-Blake

Old 02-18-2008, 10:25 PM
Default RE: Clear Clutch Cover

seems like a rice part, but I would imagine they are not even that hard to make. just need some glass. cut the cover, glue in the glass, done. seems dangerous for street use though. I could imagine the cover breaking for some reason. oil + back tire = picking pieces of you and your bike up from the ground.

Old 02-19-2008, 10:43 AM

Here is a link to a thread on this subject.
https://cbrforum.com/m_425602/tm.htm
There should be a few links in the thread to help you find one. This is a touchy subject here.

Old 02-19-2008, 02:04 PM

Please give me 1 goodreason for this cover!!

Old 02-19-2008, 03:16 PM

ORIGINAL: bboi

Please give me 1 good reason for this cover!!
1) A customized look.

Hey, it's not for me, but I am not going to give anyone crap just because it's not something I would buy.

Old 02-19-2008, 06:16 PM

Like I said in the other thread I saw a guy with one on his banshee in the Oregon sand dunes. The bike was awesome. The whole bike was customized. He was proud of it. And thats all that mattered (SP?).

Old 02-19-2008, 07:14 PM
VP

It's pretty cool... I dig the custom bike thing, but that's one of those options you're better off saving for the fully customized bike... otherwise you've got one those parts that stands out a little too much

Old 02-20-2008, 12:30 AM

ORIGINAL: Onarom

ORIGINAL: bboi

Please give me 1 goodreason for this cover!!
1) A customized look.

Hey, it's not for me, but I am not going to give anyone crap just because it's not something I would buy.
Im not givin him crap just asking what good is it? If I was givin him crap Id be like it looks like Shii and looks like it would lack structural integrity

Old 02-20-2008, 01:38 AM

You can see how dirty your oil is and how burnt your basket gets!

Old 02-23-2008, 09:52 AM

I personally think they are pretty cool. The ones I have seen where available by sending in your oem cover for a core charge to get one, or something like that. I wouldn' be so concerned with it's integrity and breaking so long as your just doing normal street riding. I read up on it here and was suprised to see so many guys just rip and bash on it and the poster who was asking about it. If you like it, cool, just like allot of mods you can see on the rides of guys and gals here, some are cool, others not, but the only opinion that really matters is yours. So, IMO, I like em, I don't think they look too gawdy(sp?)

Quick Reply: Clear Clutch Cover