CHROME PLATED FAIRING PLASTICS

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 11:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CHROME PLATED FAIRING PLASTICS

hi all , i was out this weekend and met a guy with an 06 blade who has had various pieces of plastic fairing chrome plated , i wasnt aware this could be done and at first i thought they had been sprayed but they are definately chrome plated .
the bike look different for sure ( will try get a pic of it next week ) the lower section of the main fairing was all chrome and it stood out in the sun by a mile . he also had the exhaust cowl on the back plated and that looked cool too.

i was wondering if anybody else out there has had this done or knows of anybody that has ? i would like it done myself but wont it peel over time ? my guess is it will but thats why im asking the wealth of knowledge we have on here at our disposal ?

look forward to hearing from you all ............

Old 05-29-2006, 12:06 PM
Default RE: CHROME PLATED FAIRING PLASTICS

see it done on several bikes here in south fl.. it wont peel up if its done right.. i personally wouldnt be seen riding it if someone bought the bike for me.. chrome is for choppers and harleys..

Old 05-29-2006, 12:44 PM

I think not just for choppers. check this out

http://www.kakaku.com/article/bike/m...ide_honda4.htm

Old 05-29-2006, 12:48 PM

sorry the closest i get to chrome on my bike is the graphics... cant remember the last track bike or drag bike i saw with chrome myself..

Old 05-29-2006, 01:46 PM

my point exactly , i dont want my bike to look like everbody elses or a track bike . if the roads ever become as good as a track well then maybe than i will consider it .
i suppose everybody has there likes and dislikes though and thats what bikings all about .........being unique

the chrome bike in that post looks unique , dont you agree ?

Old 05-29-2006, 02:25 PM

ORIGINAL: m007slater

my point exactly , i dont want my bike to look like everbody elses or a track bike . if the roads ever become as good as a track well then maybe than i will consider it .
i suppose everybody has there likes and dislikes though and thats what bikings all about .........being unique

the chrome bike in that post looks unique , dont you agree ?
hey its just a matter of personal taste.. being unique is important of course.. nothing worse than pulling up to a spot with 5 bikes parked there with the same exhaust and color.. i find other ways to be unique with all my bikes.. chrome just isnt one of them.. i went for anodized gold wheels instead.. click the link in my signature for some pics.. i have yet to see an 06 all black with gold wheels myself..

Old 05-29-2006, 04:00 PM

them wheels look smart mate , funny you should say that too as ive being toying with the idea of gold wheels , i really could do with seeing them on a black bike before i take the plunge .

whats your wheels like for keeping clean ? does the dirt really stand out ?

Old 05-29-2006, 07:11 PM

let me tell you this, if you dont get carbon wheels or black wheels keeping them clean isnt easy.. you really must clean them after each ride to keep them nice.. its nothing more than a wipe down with honda polish but if you let it build up it isnt fun to scrub out each crevice in the wheel.

Old 05-29-2006, 08:50 PM

i guess so , its a labour of love i guess .............

Old 05-30-2006, 08:50 AM

heck I got orange wheels on my REPSOL. And that is a real pain in the butt to keep clean. Shows up every bit of grime & dirt them wheels. Some days I hate them, some days I luv em.

Quick Reply: CHROME PLATED FAIRING PLASTICS