CBR1000rr 2008 no cut frame sliders?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 12:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CBR1000rr 2008 no cut frame sliders?

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

ORIGINAL: SpiritRR

I would rather replace damaged components, than drill a fricking hole in the skin of my baby for no better reason than just in case.
thats your choice, at least youre not half assing it. And IMO its not a what if, its when, because it will eventually happen regardless of how much anyone wants to think it what happen to them.

Honestly with that attitude wtf do you wear gear then???
You're right. It is guaranteed to happen. Gear makes me safe(r). It prevents skin grafts and broken bones...(cows are awesome, srsly...leather, milk, cheese, beef...you name it, dead or alive, thank god for cows lol).

But, for some reason, when it comes to frame sliders, cutting a hole in the fairing is worse than riding around without a slider, IMO.

Old 11-13-2008, 01:02 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

I would rather replace damaged components, than drill a fricking hole in the skin of my baby for no better reason than just in case.
thats your choice, at least youre not half assing it. And IMO its not a what if, its when, because it will eventually happen regardless of how much anyone wants to think it what happen to them.

Honestly with that attitude wtf do you wear gear then???
You're right. It is guaranteed to happen. Gear makes me safe(r). It prevents skin grafts and broken bones...(cows are awesome, srsly...leather, milk, cheese, beef...you name it, dead or alive, thank god for cows lol).

But, for some reason, when it comes to frame sliders, cutting a hole in the fairing is worse than riding around without a slider, IMO.

true, but I personally like the way they look when they are done right. I do alot of twisty riding, not alot of bebopping thru town etc. So a lil get off frame sliders save alot from getting damaged and I pick the bike up n ride on. Same goes for doing track days, frame sliders make the diff between picking it up n continue riding and loading the toteled pos on the trailer. But yea its each to their own.

Old 11-13-2008, 03:37 AM

damn, i still cannot find any frame sliders with no cut for 2008 cbr 1000. Trainedkilla, i have messaged sportbikedetails already but no reply yet. Does anyone know of any other links online other then ebay? Eg a motorcycle accessories online store? it seems this item is not yet commercially available. Is no cut sliders not popular in the states?
Your help is much appreciated!

Old 11-13-2008, 09:08 AM

I'm not a big fan of no cuts, and I'm probably not going to put any at all on my 081K, but one day I was poking around, and it appeared that Motivation made some of the nicest no-cuts around - for the 071K. I called them and they told me that there was no way to make a good no-cut for the '08.

I didn't quiz them on the details, but they seem like quality folks, and I'd ask a lot of questions of someone who does make no-cuts for the '08.

Old 11-13-2008, 11:31 AM

Bluekiss, give them a day or so, they should respond.

If you are travelling at a decent speed and hit the ground, the sliders are not gonna be much help. The sliders are for tip overs and low speed incidents IMO. That is why I have them anyway.

If I wanted total protection, I would get a stunter cage.

Old 11-13-2008, 11:43 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: trainedkilla

Bluekiss, give them a day or so, they should respond.

If you are travelling at a decent speed and hit the ground, the sliders are not gonna be much help. The sliders are for tip overs and low speed incidents IMO. That is why I have them anyway.

If I wanted total protection, I would get a stunter cage.
Tip over protection is just a added plus. They are designed for low sides and came from the racing side of things so speed isnt really a factor, but sliding is not bouncing lol.

A stunt cage isnt good at high speeds either, but for slow speed drops in a closed off area. And most bikes with cages I seen, seem to flip the bike over on the tank etc or just cause it to flip wildly esp when high speed was involved.

Old 11-13-2008, 01:45 PM

Hi Trainedkilla![/align][/align]I have messaged sportbikedetails on ebay but he has yet to reply me. But anyhow. I wanna ask a few things that I hope u'd be so kind to answer.[/align][/align]1) How much did you pay for the no cutframesliders?[/align]2) Are they custom made and without a brand? Brands I mean like R&G, motovation, shogunswhich are quite reputable.[/align]3) you mentioned u tilted your bike on the ground just to see what the sliders protect. I would like to know what were protected. [/align][/align]Mirrors - Yes or No[/align]Rider footpegs - Yes or No[/align]passenger footpegs Yes or No[/align]Left engine case - Yes or Nohih[/align]Right Engine case Yes or No[/align][/align]Ipredict thatmirrors and footpeg will surely be damaged with slider in a tip-over.For a crash its very hard to say as bike may tumble a few times. I am definitely going to install a slider.But the thing is I am intending to get a yoshimura case saver too. http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/t-NP_08_CBR1000RR_casesaver.aspx[/align]but its fairly expensive at $170us .Hence before I decide to get it, itwould be good to have ur opinionwhether the sliders will protect the engine casing in a tip-over. If they do, then I'll save the money on the case savers. Thanks! [/align][/align]Regards,[/align]Desmond[/align]

Old 11-13-2008, 02:05 PM

When I tilted the bike over, I did it slowly and nothing else on the bike touched the ground. However, if the bike fell without you grabbing it to slow it down, the momentum from the fall would probably damage the mirrors, bar ends and levers. The clutch cover and strator cover will be fine unless the puck breaks off. The case savers would be good if you laid it down and slid a ways and wanted the best chance of packing your bike up and continueing to ride. The clutch cover and strator cover grind down quickly and leave your fluid all over the road.I personally think the yoshi case savers Look awesome too. I will get a set soon.

I think I paid 114.00 for my frame sliders. They are in high demand. I have had at least 20 PM's myself from people wondering where I got those. They do not have them on ebay as regularly as they use too either. They do not have a brand name, this guy fabricates them himself I believe.

Old 11-13-2008, 02:36 PM

i'm honestly quite tired for searching for this no-cut frame sliders. But i can't get the ones that cuts the fairing as i have some paintwork problems which i am sorting out with my honda dealer. Wouldn't want to void the warranty. but thanksso much for ur reply and advice!

Old 11-13-2008, 02:40 PM

i'm new to sportbikes. But i am wondering... why can't a suzuki bracket be used on on a honda one. Probably its just a matter of length of the bracket?? the slider spool or bobbin (whatever its called) is the same.

Quick Reply: CBR1000rr 2008 no cut frame sliders?