cbr 1000 2008 problemes

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009 | 05:53 PM
|
Default cbr 1000 2008 problemes

After I finish rebuilding my cbr 1000 2008 I took it for a small ride and I notice few things
The temperature wasn’t stable, kept jumping back and forth, the bike it dies on N and when its on the
Bike sound like about to stop. And sometimes it wont even start, when u turn on the ignition, you hear the fuel pump working fine.
At first I thought it was the battery but I fully charged it in my chop and the bike still does the same thing.
Notice that I install two brother exhaust but I don’t think it s what causing this problem I don’t know if this bike has an automatic idle or I have to regulated, also I checked the fuel injection and it seems fine according to the service manual . Please help me cause the riding season started and I m stock with this S**t. little help would be much appreciated

Old 03-21-2009 | 09:14 PM

that sucks. Did you make sure that there was no air pockets in the coolant?
What did you rebuild?

Old 03-21-2009 | 11:13 PM
|

I changed the frame after 50mph crash, the hall front and few other parts but I will look into that and get back to you .thank you for your reply.

Old 03-22-2009 | 02:10 AM

If the bike is dying in neutral I would suggest checking the bank angle sensor.... with the bike being fuel injected there is really no reason for it not to idle right unless there is an actual problem with a wire or a problem within the motor. I would start by making sure all the FI connectors are tight....

Old 03-22-2009 | 09:05 AM
|

I did a check on the FI connectors, they seem putty good, the one thing that bugs me is, if I turn the bike on by someone pushing me from the back the RPM is not stable it runs up and down between 1.5 and 2 in neutral .why is that? And than it s up to the bike it may shot off by it self or stays on ,and when it dies sometimes it turn back on right away and sometimes it doesn’t .never had this kind of problem in the past before the crash.
I even diagnose the engine and everything was fine.

Old 03-22-2009 | 09:57 AM

have you checked/replaced your regulator-rectifier?.. i had some issues like this on my f3 that the regulator was causing.

Old 03-22-2009 | 11:38 AM
|

I m going back to the garage and I will check the rectifier and get back to you. Thanks mate

Old 03-22-2009 | 02:53 PM

Sounds like it may be a weak or shorted out battery. Bikes run off the battery, with the charging system slowly charging the battery back up. Its not like car that can sustain running without a battery.

In addition to what others have already said, I would suspect your battery is shorting out internally. Perhaps from the crash. Also make sure the terminals are tight on the battery. I've seen them break loose and give intermitten problems even though the clamps are tight.

If its a new battery, then I would start by letting the bike run while you wiggle every possibly wire you can reach. Its possible you have a break inside a wire or are grounding out somewhere.

Also, make sure you hooked up all of your ground wires. There should be several from your wire loom that need to be grounded.

Old 03-22-2009 | 05:40 PM

i would take it to a HONDA shop and let them diagnose it.

Old 03-22-2009 | 06:50 PM
|

Thank you guys very much. So after I went back to the garage, I took the two brother muffler off and I raised the tank to see if there are any unhooked hoses from the pump, they looked all connected but the bike started right up, I kept turning the bike on and off several of times to see if the problem comes back but every thing was fine.
So I put back the tank , the tank cover and the muffler and I rolled the bike out to take it for a ride but when I was trying to started, it wont start, it s like it s putting tricks on me or something , I m so confused by this ,my only explanation is ,one of the hoses that comes out of the pump may be jammed and is not allowing the fuel to circulate properly but I m going back to the garage in the morning and I ll keep you guys updated with this mystery.

Quick Reply: cbr 1000 2008 problemes