Cant Get Repsol Oil Locally?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 11:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cant Get Repsol Oil Locally?

I have been running Repsol Racing 100% Synthetic 10w40 in my bike and i have been getting it from my local Honda dealer, but now they dont stock it, i need to get a gallon of this ASAP. Does anyone know where to get some? Thanks for any help

Old 11-14-2007, 01:10 PM
Default RE: Cant Get Repsol Oil Locally?

Save yourself some money... Try this just once and see if you like it:

Go to Wal-Mart and buy the blue 4 gallon container of Shell Rotella Synthetic 5w-40.
Then go to Auto Zone and get the Mobile 1 oil filter (M1-108 for the 1000RR)

I bet you don't go back to Repsol- Here is some more information if you want... http://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/Consumables.html

Old 11-14-2007, 01:21 PM

Or, if it must be Repsol, go to the Cycle Gear store near you. There is one in Norfolk:

Cycle Gear Store #73
1547 E Little Creek Road
Norfolk, VA 23518

757) 480-5680

Old 11-14-2007, 01:32 PM

ORIGINAL: 2003F4iDude

I have been running Repsol Racing 100% Synthetic 10w40 in my bike and i have been getting it from my local Honda dealer, but now they dont stock it, i need to get a gallon of this ASAP. Does anyone know where to get some? Thanks for any help
what yr is the bike-www.superbikesupply.com
the mobil 1 filter will fit the bike-not designed for it though

Old 11-14-2007, 03:03 PM

ktm.com

Old 11-14-2007, 05:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Onarom

Go to Wal-Mart and buy the blue 4 gallon container of Shell Rotella Synthetic 5w-40.

I bet you don't go back to Repsol- Here is some more information if you want... http://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/Consumables.html

good choices. also consider mobil 1 15w50 gold cap

Old 11-14-2007, 06:02 PM

Is the M1-108 Filter the right size for my '07 600RR and is that the same oil weight that I should use?

Dave

Old 11-14-2007, 07:09 PM

ORIGINAL: deedub

Is the M1-108 Filter the right size for my '07 600RR and is that the same oil weight that I should use?

Dave

I tried to research that and all I can tell you is that it will work with the '06 600rr and, from what I can tell, it should fit on your bike also. I am willing to bet that Baxsom knows for sure, since he has both (lucky guy!)

Yes, I would also use the same weight in oil if you want to use Shell

ALSO- the mobile is not cross referenced as a motorcycle oil filter, but it works exceptionally well and at a good price. That is why I (and many other riders) use it. Stay away from FRAM filters, I have heard horror stories about that brand on motorcycles

Old 11-14-2007, 08:16 PM

Dave

I tried to research that and all I can tell you is that it will work with the '06 600rr and, from what I can tell, it should fit on your bike also. I am willing to bet that Baxsom knows for sure, since he has both (lucky guy!)

ALSO- the mobile is not cross referenced as a motorcycle oil filter, but it works exceptionally well and at a good price. That is why I (and many other riders) use it. Stay away from FRAM filters, I have heard horror stories about that brand on motorcycles
any engine warranty work can be denied using a filter not designed for the bike -seen it happen

Old 11-14-2007, 08:42 PM

ORIGINAL: openclasspro

Dave

any engine warranty work can be denied using a filter not designed for the bike -seen it happen

the m1-108 will fit the 07 600RR. i have one on mine right now and yes if anything were to ever happen to your motor it would technically void the warranty. mine is a track bike and has had the warranty voided in the first couple of weeks after i got it but i suggest to keep the old filter in a ziploc bag that you take off. if anything were to ever happen to the motor change the mobil out. the mobil is better from all of the research i have done because it has smaller filtration and the bypass spring opens sooner than a motorcycle filter but because it not crossreferenced to a motorcycle part # honda wont honor the warranty. as far as engine oil weight. this is real subjective and you need to form your own opinion based on research and gut feelings along with that oil test i told you about. ScootR from 1000rr.net tests oil for a living. he specializes in motorcycle oil. based on his experience that he has posted he suggests never use less than 15w because it shears quickly. i have seen honda gn4 oil analysis posted where 10w30 has been sheared into less than 5w in 2000 miles of hard riding. he also recommends that rotella synth posted above. so based on the recommendation of a oil expert i use the mobil 15w50. i started using it on my 1000rr 1K miles ago and just did the final break in oil change on my 600RR so it got mobil as well. once either or bike hits 4K on that oil i am sending it off for testing. i can tell you however that the chemical analysis i have seen of mobil (hooliganbiketech.net) the mobil 15w50 and repsol 4T were virtually identical.

Quick Reply: Cant Get Repsol Oil Locally?