Bye for now

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 01:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bye for now

I just wanted to let everyone know why I haven't posted for a while and why I won't be posting much from now on.
About 4 weeks ago, on a nice sunny Sunday afternoon I went for a ride on my new CBR 1000RR. It was a great day, but on my way home I had an accendent. From what I remember, there was some gravel on the road, I ran wide on a corner and that's it. When I woke up in hospital the docters told me I had broken my spinal cord - resulting in me not being able to feel or move anything below my ribs for the rest of my life. After two weeks in Hospital, I am now in a rehab centre. I hope to get out before Christmas, but that may change.
The bike is much better off than me, there is some cosmetic damage but that's about all. Before anyone asks - YES, I was wearing all my riding gear!
Anyway, I don't get much of a chance to get online here, so that's why I won't be posting. I still don't know what to do with my bike so I'm not sure if I will need to visit this place as often as I used to.

Old 09-27-2005, 02:41 AM
Default RE: Bye for now

Man, That is rough. I am feelin for you bro as I am sure all these guys are. I will let you know right now that I for one believe that the Lord Jesus Christ our Lord and savior can and will heel you good as new if you just receive it and believe it. I know! He has done it for me and my son who had a stroke at 9 months old and they said he would be a vegetable and wanted us to pull the plug and let him die. No way. Boy were they proved wrong. After a hole lot of prayer and believin. My son is walkin, talkin and is a handful of joy for us and is 14 years old now. Keep a positive out look and don't believe the bad report. Doctors are great but they are only human. God is super natural and has already payed for your heeling. Receive it bro. I am believin for you man and prayin for you. Chin up bro. And for the rest of you riders remember that if you haven't received JESUS, you got no insurance and you and your family will be the loosers if you die. Life is too short, bikes are quick. I busted 185 tonight! Yihaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Old 09-27-2005, 02:53 AM

Best of luck in the recovery process

Old 09-27-2005, 10:51 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm speechless ... I wish you the best and hope your recovery is better than what you're expecting.

Old 09-27-2005, 11:29 AM

Sorry to hear that, thats one story that makes me feel for you. Keep your spirits high and have a go at gettin some work in with a physiotherapist they can help you to get your body back to doin things like it used to.

And remember we`re all rooting for you and waiting to welcome you back on your bike.

Old 09-27-2005, 11:52 AM

Wow, sorry to hear about your accident. My thoughts & prayers are with you for a speedy recovery. If you have net access you are always welcome here, weither you are riding or not. Please keep us informed on your recovery.

Old 09-27-2005, 12:37 PM

Wow!! I also was in a major accident years ago, they said I may never walk again...proved em wrong!! Now I went from being Tumblin Tom to Sirlimpzalot
I hope you make progress in your recovery

Old 09-27-2005, 12:48 PM

Man I will be praying for you also. Your story along with a few guys in my area made me re-evaluate my riding style, from now on i'm sticking to the track. I know your gonna go down eventually but you don't have cars and gravel to worry about. Best wishes to you and God bless you and your family.

Old 09-27-2005, 11:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be praying as well.

God Bless,

Old 09-28-2005, 10:00 AM

Sorry to hear about your accident.