both headlights on instead of one ??????

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 07:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default both headlights on instead of one ??????

Anyone knows how to bypass the headlight on the Repsol? Instead of running with ONE light on (the regular beam) is it possible to run with both headlight on? Please help.

Old 09-15-2005, 07:41 PM
Default RE: both headlights on instead of one ??????

Run both , adjust high beam down.

Old 09-16-2005, 12:52 PM

ORIGINAL: MgA_ODEN

Run both , adjust high beam down.

+1 yep.

Old 09-16-2005, 01:58 PM

The relectors for the low beam/high beam side are not the same. They project the light @ different angles/rates.

Cheers

Old 09-16-2005, 08:41 PM

im still going to try to rig it so you can have 2 low beams, and 2 high beams

Old 09-16-2005, 09:17 PM

Let me know how that H4 bulb conversion turns out.
I know with money and time it can be done (new bulbs,relays,wire,euro reflector housing , etc ,etc.)
I just cant justify all the work.

Old 09-18-2005, 12:20 PM

ok, so i took a look at the factory set up on the lights and this is what i concluded. the stock plug has 3 slots for electrical connectors while only 2 of them are being used (one for power and one for ground). i am going to see if i can find some dual fillament bulbs that fit the headlight housing and replace the originals. then, i am going to use the 3'rd/not used connector on the plug to hook up the second fillament. my plan is to splice the hig beam light from the right light to the plug on the left light that would run the high beams, and the same with the low beams. i am guessing that will make both lights low beams and high beams, and still operate on the same switch. ill let you know what happens, unless someone beats me to it. if it works, ill leave you guys some detailed instructions on how to do it. it doesnt look like it will be that hard, but i wont really know until i get into it. also, all you should need is 2 new bulbs, a couple of wires, and some electrical connectors.

Old 09-18-2005, 01:40 PM

ORIGINAL: shinysideup

ok, so i took a look at the factory set up on the lights and this is what i concluded. the stock plug has 3 slots for electrical connectors while only 2 of them are being used (one for power and one for ground). i am going to see if i can find some dual fillament bulbs that fit the headlight housing and replace the originals. then, i am going to use the 3'rd/not used connector on the plug to hook up the second fillament. my plan is to splice the hig beam light from the right light to the plug on the left light that would run the high beams, and the same with the low beams. i am guessing that will make both lights low beams and high beams, and still operate on the same switch. ill let you know what happens, unless someone beats me to it. if it works, ill leave you guys some detailed instructions on how to do it. it doesnt look like it will be that hard, but i wont really know until i get into it. also, all you should need is 2 new bulbs, a couple of wires, and some electrical connectors.
Your going to run into a few problems doing it that way , first the reflector housing is different on both sides so if you use a H4 bulbs (stock is a H7) it will be like running your bights anyway.
Second , trying to pull extra amperage through the stock wiring harness is a good way to melt wires , blow fuses and kill your ECU , hence the relay reference in the post above.
If it works out for you great, but you may find that aiming your high beam lower and just running both is a easy fix.

Old 09-19-2005, 02:48 PM

i feel real stupid now. i just got finished hooking it all up. now im scared to turn it on. it worked initially, but i guess im going to take it all off before i ride it anywhere. screw it, im just going to run highs. are you sure? the lights i got were the same wattage, although i do know that i am running 2 lights on dual elements now. im taking it off!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: both headlights on instead of one ??????