blade17fire: Dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 04:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blade17fire: Dyno results

Hey guys..Had my bike remap recently and got great results!! I'm not quite sure if the numbers are real myself cos its too good to be true or is it??

1)The bike bone stock measured at 145hp way back ard 1.5 years ago

2)Additional mods like BMC filters, Hodaka velocity stacks, Yosh GP-Force slip-on and PC III added an addtional 4hp for a total of 149hp. *note* no flapper mod

3)Next I had the flapper removed, air duct mod, PAIR valve removed, exhaust catlysers removed and got my repaired PC III back with stock mapping. It measured 156hp as the base run...(see 1st pic)

4)With a custom mapping done..my bike measured 165hp!! Is that possible??? I'm delighted and at the same time wondering if its too good to be true.

Well the only way to find out is to go to another tuner and have another base run..see if the numbers match. Anyway..have a look at the print outs..

[IMG]local://upfiles/6663/1A146F656D984C7185020B720D9C2999.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/6663/C67267EA852040F59D8395BB3706A2B8.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-22-2006, 05:34 AM
Default RE: blade17fire: Dyno results

Congrates Blade17fire!!!!
I am happy for ya!!!
Weather the no. are correct like you said, You gonna have to do another run on another dyno. I really hope they are the no.... I am going through the same thing at the moment! People who have seen my bike run all say my 169.hp@wheels is correct! But peps in the states are all saying that the no. is way too high??? I am starting to think that in the states they are gettin lower no? Maybe due to different fuelling? Maybe retarded due to different fuel? Not sure still trying to find out? But congrates on your outcome! Really happy for ya bro!!!

Old 09-22-2006, 11:01 PM

thx!! I remember dat I'm one of those who didn't agree with ur dyno numbers at first..LOL!! But after analysing ur whole system..I think ur bike is able to achieve 169hp..

Wat i would like to point out in the earlier post is that... an air duct mod plus flapper removal plus exhaust catalyser removal plus PC III equals WOW!! amount of power released..

So DrDrift..have u done another base run at another tuner?? How does it go?? I'll be goin for another run when I got enuf cash..LOL!! But I'm expecting a lower number from the next run..

But I'm wondering..If my bike is significantly increased to 165hp..I expected it to be standing on 1 wheel every time I twist the throttle hard..but my bike is still planted like an old oak tree on the road..hmmmm???

Old 09-23-2006, 08:27 AM

Its all good! I haven't done another run yet, as I have been really busy lately. I think your front aint lifting due to the fact its an 04'-05'? You still got standard gearing? I had an 05' 1krr before and the gearing from factory is very high! I use to have trouble doing 2nd gear wheelies! Even when I traded to the 06' 1krr it was better in the 2nd gear wheelie but 3rd was still a no no. So I went one tooth down on the front and then she would lift so so much better. Now after all the mods so far, with the supposed 169hp@wheels? Everytime I *** it in 3rd, she just lifts on her own!!! Love it! But with your baby, I am pretty sure even with that power, you are going to stuggle to lift, unless you do sprokets??? Congrates on the power and I will post as soon as I get a chance to do a rerun. Will be trying to change filters aswell, as alot of peps telling me K&N is robbing me of power and I should change to BMC? Will have to wait and see!

Old 09-24-2006, 05:02 AM

My gearing is as follows..you'll be shocked.

Front 15t Rear 45t...Of course I can lift the bike up using some help from the clutch. If not, how am I able to flip my baby 360' while I wheelie..[8D]

What im wondering is..I expect the bike to some sort of lift its front wheel up when I upshift while hard on the throttle..

Old 09-24-2006, 06:19 AM

oops sorry dude!

Mine does it all the time and I don't even have to be at wot!!

Ne time i am hard on the throttle at 75% and up. she will lift on her own accord. that is with only one down on the front and with the original 42rear!

No clutch needed, just upshifting while hard on throttle!(Not even wot needed).

Old 09-24-2006, 12:13 PM

hmmmmmm.....

Now u really got me wondering..

Old 09-24-2006, 12:15 PM

hw much did you get your slipper clutch installed?? does it work great??

Old 09-25-2006, 12:00 PM

I paid AU$1150. for the STM Slipper Clutch installed!
It works a treat! The only reason I got it was, all my friends have gixers and they are all raving bout how they have slippers! but honestly on the street I hardley use it. Cause I have always rode hard and then feather the clutch with my finger! Sort of like a slipper in the finger(you know what i mean?). Ne way its a hard habit to break and when I come into a corner hot my finger will not let go and let the slipper work by itself! Just have to get use to it I guess? and trust that it won't lock up!(its all mental thing as the STM works!)..
So unless you track alot or having trouble with locking rear? I wouldn't get it! But then again, if U r like me and just want to have every little goodie, then it is a good slipper!!!!!

Old 09-26-2006, 09:25 AM

whoa!! 1 thou over?? nvrm i pass.. what tires are you on during track days?? The oem diablo corsa locked alot..but since I switched to Supercorsa SC 2, hardly any lock up..great!!

hmm..when you're hot into corner and you still pull ur clutch in?? u sound crazy!! LOL!!

Quick Reply: blade17fire: Dyno results