Biketoberfest New 08 RR

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 04:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Biketoberfest New 08 RR

Just got back from Daytona about an hour ago.

For those of you that passed judgement on how bad the new 08 RR looks, hold on to that thought. Don't judge it until you see it in person.

I have to admit when I saw the first photos on Sept 6th I didn't like it at all. I was mad at Hondafor making something that was so good looking before, look so bad.

Then on Sept 28th I saw pictures in High Res from all angles and liked it a little more. I have to tell you, that those pictures, even in high res are still not telling the whole truth, this bike really looks good.

The only 1000RR they had to look at was the Limited Edition Black/Mettalic Grey.

The two things that bothered me the most on the bike was the exhaust and the pushed in nose. In person the exhaust does not look half bad, it looks like it's part of the bike. I am still going to put an aftermarket one on, but until they come out with one I like, I can live with the stock one.

The nose still kinda looks pushed in in person, but if they did it for aerodynamic purposes, it is real easy to live with, not that bad in person. Kinda has that devil eyes look to it.

On another note, the New ZX10 is horrible looking, they had three different colors and they still looked real bad in any color. It looks like someone had pieces to put together, but did not match them to look smooth. That is a bad example, but by far it is the ugliest bike on the sportsbike market. The Buell looks better than the ZX10. I'm not just saying that because I like Honda. Two of my buddies that ride 06 ZX10's were with me and they are Kawasaki lovers, they said Kawi really screwed the new ZX10up. They would no way purchase one of those things.

The new Hayabusa was there, looks good, the paint and finish on that bike is top notch. Nice pearl colors.

Old 10-19-2007, 04:56 PM
Default RE: Biketoberfest New 08 RR

Just a couple of pictures for you guys to look at.

Old 10-19-2007, 08:26 PM

Thanksfor the pictures great shots...Man that is one sexymachine. What were other peoples feedback on the bike were there a lot of "haters" or "born again believers".

Old 10-19-2007, 10:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great pics.
Not so bad lookin.
OK, so i guess that would make me a born again believer.

Old 10-20-2007, 12:42 AM

yea looks nice...

Old 10-20-2007, 02:53 AM
Retired Moderator

This view STILL kills it for me. It looks like it's squatting in the rear, and that side profile....[:'(] The rest of the bike is growing on me though.

Old 10-20-2007, 04:38 AM

I like it, but i dont know about the exhaust

Old 10-20-2007, 01:56 PM

Would not waste any pictures on the ZX10, no really it was so bad looking I couldn't even take out the camera. I'm not exagerating. it is hideous looking.

No feedback at the Honda tent, was not to many people around it, just a few Honda employees at the time. Most of the people were taking testrides on the bikes.
No, not on the new 081000RR, the other bikes.

sixshooter989,

I don't like the exhaust to much either, but honestly, in person, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would look. Almost acceptable in my opinion, it's not that bad to live withthough.

f3racer,

I'm going back up there right now, I'll get some pictures on the ZX10 for you to look at. argh uuggllyy ZX10 I mean.

Old 10-20-2007, 03:59 PM

Honestly, I love this bike. As I posted in the other thread, I almost bought the 07 1000 today. I am pretty sure I am going to end up holding off until I can my hands on one of these beautiful bikes.

Quick Reply: Biketoberfest New 08 RR