bike problems, please help

Old 04-25-2007, 06:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bike problems, please help

i have a 2004 cbr1000rr that ran fine until i ran acress the traditional rectifier, stator problems. first my stator went out, i replaced it and the bake ran for about a week, and it ran great! then the bike started to intermitentially charge, and eventually not charge at all. so im figureing that it was hte rectifier since i just replaced the stator. well i bought a rectifier from a shop and installed it, the bike ran for a minute and died. so i took it back off and looked at it and realized that that one and the stock one were different! so i got to honda and buy the right one and put it on today, and the bike is doing the same thing as it was doing which is. when i hook it up to my car to jump it it starts, but once i disconnect the jumpercable it dies imediately i havent check the current from the rectifier yet, im about to go do that but i think something else is bad.

any ideas!!!!! please help because im clueless

Old 04-25-2007, 06:45 PM
Default RE: bike problems, please help

dude throw a trickle charger on it and check the battery cables.....if that isnt it i'de say the rectifier doesnt have a good connection.....just a guess.....thats what happened to my 1000RR

Old 04-25-2007, 06:58 PM

ok, i just checked the current flow from the rectifier to the battery it was about 8 volts, which is obviously very low, the only thing i can think is that the stator is bad again!

Old 04-25-2007, 08:02 PM

i just pulled out the stator and it must be bad again! one of the coils are black and burnt!

Old 04-25-2007, 10:06 PM

It is the magnet on the fly wheel. I had the same problem going on my 05 last year. After a lot of bull***t i took it to the dealer. They kept putting stators on it. Finally they called Honda and they told them that the polarity ofmagnets on the fly wheel were to high. They had 100,s of bad ones replaced already but it didn't warrant a recall.

Old 04-28-2007, 03:50 AM

ORIGINAL: tmj1000rr

It is the magnet on the fly wheel. I had the same problem going on my 05 last year. After a lot of bull***t i took it to the dealer. They kept putting stators on it. Finally they called Honda and they told them that the polarity ofmagnets on the fly wheel were to high. They had 100,s of bad ones replaced already but it didn't warrant a recall.
Yeah..it should be made a recall!! Hundreds of CBR1000RRs have baked stators!! I've got my stator burnt twice!!...If you are under warranty, the coil and flywheel should come together replaced.

Old 04-28-2007, 04:47 AM

tmj1000rr:

Could you elaborate on the flywheel issue. I didn't know the flywheel had anything to do with magnets or electricity. I thought flywheels had to do with transmission.

Old 04-28-2007, 06:32 PM

There is magnets on the fly wheel. When it spins it generates electricity. The stator picks up that electricity. If the polarity is to high it burns up the stator.

Old 04-28-2007, 07:19 PM

ok,i guess i will try buying a now stator and flywheel. hope that fixes it.

one more question, for people who have had this problem and fixed it. have you had the problem repeat itself?

Old 04-29-2007, 12:19 AM

Mine has been fine since i changed them both. That was a year and 2500 miles ago.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: bike problems, please help